The most delicious and juicy grilled lamb chops recipe! These garlic and herb chops are seasoned with fresh rosemary and thyme, crushed garlic, balsamic and red wine! It’s a quick and easy lamb recipe that requires just 30 minutes of marinating time and even less grilling time! Enjoyed my garlic lamb chops with my zesty and creamy ‘Avocado Chimichurri Sauce’ or check out my easy tzatziki sauce recipe below! You’ll love this grilling recipe all summer long!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions are more grilling tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing the Marinade
These grilled lamb chops are marinated with simple, everyday ingredients! You’ll love how easy this recipe! First, portion the lamb into single chops; these cook faster and more evenly than grilling double chops. This recipe is easy to scale up for more servings! Place the chops into a large casserole dish and drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil. It will help the seasonings stick better! Season the lamb generously with salt and ground black pepper on both sides!
Next, add in the fresh herbs and garlic. I love to add lots of garlic! Sprinkle fresh rosemary and fresh thyme leaves over the lamb, then gently press the pressed garlic into to the meat. This way, the garlic will stick better to the lamb chops! And for the last two ingredients: balsamic vinegar and red wine. Just drizzle a few tablespoons of each of the lamb. Marinate the garlic lamb chops for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, turning after 15 minutes so both sides marinate in the wine and vinegar.
Grilling Lamb Chops
When you’re ready to grill the chops, preheat an outdoor grill to 500F for 5 minutes. You want the grill grates to be extra, extra hot! Place the garlic lamb chops about 3 to 4 inches apart on the grill. Reduce the heat down to a medium and close the grill lid. Grill the chops for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Lamb chops cook very quickly and it’s easy to overcook the meat! Grill on both sides, then transfer the lamb to the top rack of the grill, or to the side where the gas is not on. Let the chops finish cooking with indirect heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
While the lamb chops are marinating, it’s a great time to prepare your dipping sauces and side dishes! Here are some great recipes to enjoy with my grilled lamb chops!
- Grilled Veggie Salad – zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion coated in a zesty garlic dressing!
- Garlic Baby Potatoes – these crispy potatoes are seasoned with fresh garlic. So delicious!
- BLT Salad – this easy and refreshing salad is so crunchy and delicious. A great side salad for this lamb recipe!
- Avocado Chimichurri Sauce – my favorite sauce for beef and lamb recipes! It’s so zesty and creamy!
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
Tzatziki sauce is a creamy and garlic-y cucumber yogurt sauce that is popular in the Greek and Middle Eastern cuisines! It’s the perfect complement for lamb recipes – you’ll love the zesty garlic and refreshing cucumber and mint! Plus, it’s super easy to make! You can make this sauce ahead of time and keep it stored in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy! Get the recipe below in the recipe card!
Enjoyed this easy lamb recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Ginger Garlic Lamb Chops – made with my signature ginger garlic sauce! These chops are so delicious!
- Roasted Leg of Lamb – whole leg roasted with garlic, herbs and mustard sauce!
- Roasted Lamb Dinner – this easy dinner casserole recipe is with lamb shoulder, potatoes and carrots!
- Grilled Lamb Kabobs – delicious and easy lamb kabobs with fresh herbs and red wine.
Share it on Pinterest!