Sharing my all-time favorite lamb recipe today! Juicy garlic lamb chops seared to perfection and glazed with a ginger garlic sauce, served with seasoned crushed baby potatoes. Get ready to have your tastebuds wowed! The combination of the lamb with the home-made sauce is simply amazing! Served with crushed baby potatoes, or my ‘Kale Pomegranate Salad’.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to receive a notification when a new recipe goes live!
My Signature Recipe!
This lamb recipe is my signature dish! I’ve made it countless times and my husband requests this for dinner at least every 2 weeks. When I have special guests coming over, these lamb chops are definitely on the menu. And when my family is coming to visit, I always make it for them – it’s their number one requested dish! I always get raving reviews whenever I make this dish for guests! In other words, this recipe is tried and true and absolutely amazing!
Best Tips for Lamb
- I purchase my lamb from Safeway – I find that their lamb isn’t too gamey.
- Cut away the stiff, hard fat from the rack, leaving the soft fat, which will render nicely and become super soft!
- This recipe comfortably serves 3 to 4 people, depending on how large your rack of lamb is. I recommend doubling, or even tripling the recipe if you are hosting dinner for more people. I guarantee you, there will be no leftovers!
- Use a stainless-steel pan, not a non-stick pan, for the best sear!
- I recommend cooking the lamb to medium doneness. After browning, I finish cooking the lamb in the oven for 12 minutes, turning half way. If you want your lamb to be more well-done, cook for 14 to 15 minutes.
All About the Sauce
So what makes this ginger garlic lamb so special? For starters, the ginger garlic glaze! This soy sauce based home-made sauce is everything! It’s actually great with other meats, such as chicken and seafood. It’s really easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
- To get the best results, use fresh ginger and finely minced garlic.
- Once the sauce comes up to a simmer, allow it to cook away on low-medium heat until reduced in half.
- When serving, spoon tons of extra sauce over each lamb chop!
To go with the lamb as a side dish, I recommend going with either potatoes or a salad. For my video recipe, I prepared my basic crushed baby potatoes. These are super easy to make and full of flavor! You can also try my ‘Garlic Baby Potatoes’. If I’m not in the mood for potatoes, I make my Kale Pomegranate Salad or my BLT Salad instead. Both of these salads are crispy and so refreshing along side the rich lamb!
Enjoyed this delicious lamb recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Grilled Lamb Chops – garlic and herb grilled lamb chops with tzatiki sauce. These are beyond amazing! So juicy and flavorful!
- Roasted Leg of Lamb – juicy and flavorful roasted whole leg of lamb with garlic, herbs and mustard!
- Lamb Roast Dinner – the easiest lamb recipe! This potato, lamb and carrot dinner comes together in no time!
- Braised Lamb Shanks – fall-off-the-bone, tender lamb shanks braised in a red wine tomato sauce.
- Teriyaki Chicken Breast – JUICY chicken with the best homemade teriyaki sauce!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my Wusthof Ikon knives, especially this hollow-edge santoku knife.
These Epicurean cutting boards are amazing and dishwasher-safe!
My all-time favorite pan EVER – this Mauviel 1830 10-inch copper pan is simply amazing!
And I love this small copper sauce pot for sauces and syrups.