This is my all-time favorite, signature dinner recipe!! Juicy lamb chops seared to perfection and glazed with a ginger garlic sauce, served with seasoned crushed baby potatoes. These ginger garlic lamb chops are like nothing you’ve had before! Get ready to have your tastebuds wowed!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to receive a notification when a new recipe goes live!
My husband requests my ginger garlic lamb for dinner at least every 2 weeks. When I have special guests coming over, it’s definitely on the menu. And when my family is coming to visit, I always make it for them – it’s their number one requested dish! I always get raving reviews whenever I make this dish for guests! In other words, this recipe is tried and true and absolutely amazing!
- I purchase my lamb from Safeway – I find that their lamb isn’t too gamey.
- Cut away the stiff, hard fat from the rack, leaving the soft fat, which will render nicely and become super soft!
- This recipe comfortably serves 3 to 4 people, depending on how large your rack of lamb is. I recommend doubling, or even tripling the recipe if you are hosting dinner for more people. I guarantee you, there will be no leftovers!
- Use a stainless-steel pan, not a non-stick pan, for the best sear!
- I recommend cooking the lamb to medium doneness. After browning, I finish cooking the lamb in the oven for 12 minutes, turning half way. If you want your lamb to be more well-done, cook for 14 to 15 minutes.
So what makes this ginger garlic lamb so special? For starters, the ginger garlic glaze! This soy sauce based home-made sauce is everything! It’s actually great with other meats, such as chicken and seafood. It’s really easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
- To get the best results, use fresh ginger and finely minced garlic.
- Once the sauce comes up to a simmer, allow it to cook away on low-medium heat until reduced in half.
- When serving, spoon tons of extra sauce over each lamb chop!
To go with the lamb as a side dish, I recommend going with either potatoes or a salad. For my video recipe, I prepared my basic crushed baby potatoes. These are super easy to make and full of flavor! If I’m not in the mood for potatoes, I make my Kale Pomegranate Salad instead. The crispy salad is so refreshing along side the rich lamb! Watch that recipe here: