Garlic & Herb Grilled Lamb Kabobs (video)
Have you tried grilling lamb before? It’s absolutely delicious and it requires minimal preparation! My juicy and flavorful lamb kabobs are the best! This kabob recipe is made with tender lamb shoulder marinated in garlic, olive oil and aromatic herbs and spices! Enjoy this easy lamb dish with a refreshing tomato cucumber salad and a side of my creamy ‘Avocado Chimichurri’!
Watch My Lamb Kabobs Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe to for step-by-step instructions and tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing the Lamb Shoulder
This easy recipe for lamb kabobs uses tender lamb shoulder, which is the ideal cut for grilling. I like to cut the meat into larger chunks; the larger pieces will stay more juicy and there’s less risk of over cooking, which results in dry meat. The tender, juicy cuts of lamb leg are marinated in garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs! If you have time, get the meat marinating the night before; the longer the meat can marinate, the better! I also like to add a bit of bell pepper and onion to the kabobs for flavor and variety. Feel free to add your favorite grilling veggies to the mix!
How to Grill Lamb Kabobs
Once the meat has marinated, you’re ready to grill the lamb shoulder! Here’s how to do it!
- Skewer the lamb meat onto wooden or metal kabob sticks. If using wooden sticks, make sure to pre-soak them in water. Alternate adding the meat with onion and pepper slices. Do not overcrowd or pack the kabob; allow room for the meat to cook!
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 450-500F or a grill pan over medium heat. Place the kabobs onto the hot grill and turn every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 18-20 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before serving with salad, chimichurri sauce and/or rice.
Serving Suggestions for Lamb Kabobs
These lamb kabobs would not be complete without a dipping a sauce! My easy chimichurri sauce is the best sauce to accompany this grilled lamb! You’ll want this sauce with everything once you try it! It’s super refreshing, zesty, spicy and the perfect dip and sauce for lamb. Since lamb meat can be a bit heavy, I also serve the kabobs with a simple side salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, dill, green onions and olive oil. It’s refreshing and delicious! Want to try a creamy avocado version? Check out my ‘Avocado Chimichurri Sauce’, too!
Also, try these kabobs with my easy and delicious ‘BLT Salad’, made with avocado, bacon bits and feta cheese!
Enjoyed this lamb recipe? Make sure to check out some of my other recipe options!
- Roasted Rack of Lamb – the juiciest lamb chops seasoned with garlic and herbs, plus tzatziki sauce and a cucumber tomato salad!
- Ginger Garlic Lamb Chops – the BEST ever lamb chops recipe!
- Roasted Leg of Lamb – perfect as a Sunday roast! This lamb is so juicy and flavorful!
- Roasted Lamb Dinner – bite-sized pieces of potatoes, carrots and lamb!
- Grilled Garlic Lamb Chops – the juiciest, most delicious chops with garlic, fresh herbs and balsamic!
- The Best, Juicy Steak Kabobs – the most delicious grilled steak kabobs with peppers and onion, served with chimichurri and roasted potatoes!
Share it on Pinterest!
Garlic & Herb Grilled Lamb Kabobs Recipe (video)
For Lamb Kabobs:
- 2-3 pounds leg of lamb, or lamb shoulder
- 2 tbsp each: fresh thyme, fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
For Chimichurri sauce:
- large bunch of cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
For Tomato-Cucumber Salad:
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, diced
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- pinch of salt
- Prepare the lamb meat: cut away any large chunks of fat and ligaments from the meat and discard the bone. Cut the lamb meat into large, 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place the lamb into a large bowl and add all the marinade ingredients: thyme, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the chopped red onion and pepper, if desired. Use a large spoon or spatula to toss and coat the meat and vegetables in marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for a 4 to 6 hours, or best overnight.
- While the meat is marinating, prepare the chimichurri sauce. Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix for several minutes until thick sauce forms. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Also, try my ‘Avocado Chimichurri Sauce’ for a creamy version! Linked above in the recipe card!
- For the salad, simply toss together the sliced cucumber, chopped tomatoes, diced scallion and chopped dill with salt and olive oil. Dress the salad only when ready to enjoy! Once dressed, it will not stand for long.
- Once the meat has marinated, skewer the lamb meat onto wooden or metal kabob sticks. If using wooden sticks, make sure to pre-soak them in water. Alternate adding the meat with onion and pepper slices. Do not overcrowd or pack the kabob; allow room for the meat to cook!
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 450-500F or a grill pan over medium heat. Place the kabobs onto the hot grill and turn every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 18-20 minutes. Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before serving with salad, chimichurri sauce and/or rice.
Looks delicious Tatyana! I have to try it, I never made anything with lamb meat. We must be in Kabobs mood. I just posted chicken and vegetables Kabobs 🙂
[…] View Recipe Link […]
Perfect recipe like always!💜💜
Thank you! 🙂