These grilled yogurt chicken kabobs are so juicy and flavorful! It’s so easy to put together and the chicken is perfectly seasoned! I make my chicken kabobs with cubed chicken thigh and a creamy yogurt marinade with turmeric and cumin. Enjoy the grilled chicken with a simple side salad of tomatoes and cucumbers!
Watch My Kabobs Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step video instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Marinating Yogurt Chicken Kabobs
These kabobs are so juicy and delicious! I almost always tend use chicken thighs for grilled chicken and for this recipe. The dark meat takes the heat better than chicken breast and it’s really a no-fail kind of meat. You can use chicken breast but I recommend marinating for 24 hours. First portion the chicken thighs, then coat them in the creamy yogurt sauce!
The sauce is made with a combination of Greek yogurt and mayonnaise and spices! It’s seasoned with turmeric, garlic, smoked paprika and tons of other goodness. If you want to add a bit of spicy kick to the recipe, feel free to add a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper. Add the chicken to the marinade and make sure to coat each piece generously for maximum flavor!
Grilling the Chicken Kabobs
Grilling the kabobs is super easy! Here’s how it’s done:
- Skewer the chicken meat onto wooden or metal skewers, making sure not to over-crowd the meat. If using wooden skewers, presoak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 475/500F or indoor grill pan over medium heat.
- Grill the chicken kabobs for about 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to cook evenly. Remove from heat and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe
Serve these grilled chicken kabobs up with a simple side salad made with tomatoes, cucumbers and green onion. It’s super easy to put together and really complements the grilled meat! Just toss together the cucumbers, tomatoes, dill, and scallions. Season the salad with salt to taste and dress it with olive oil.
Also, try this recipe with these side dish recipes:
- Bacon & Garlic Potatoes – loaded potatoes with cheese, bacon, garlic and herbs!
- BLT Salad – the best BLT salad with bacon, feta and avocado!
- Garlic Baby Potatoes – simple and delicious recipe for baby potatoes!
Enjoyed this recipe for chicken kabobs? Check out some of my other kabob recipes!
- The Best, Juicy Steak Kabobs – the most delicious grilled steak kabobs with peppers and onion, served with chimichurri and roasted potatoes!
- Garlic & Herb Lamb Kabobs – flavorful and aromatic lamb recipe, enjoy it with chimichurri!
- Grilled Chicken & Veggie Kabobs – another amazing chicken kabob recipe with veggies!
- Pineapple Pork Kabobs – Hawaiian flavored kabobs with grilled pork and pineapple!
- Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs – these are great grilled or baked! Juicy chicken thigh, pineapple, peppers and homemade sauce!
Share it on Pinterest!
Grilled Yogurt Chicken Kabobs (video)
For Chicken Kabobs:
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: dried basil, smoked paprika
For Tomato Cucumber Salad:
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare the yogurt sauce first in a large bowl. Simply combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper and spices. Whisk everything together until the sauce is creamy.
- Prepare the meat next: cut the chicken thighs into large, 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place the chicken into the marinade and use a spatula to combine everything together. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for a 4 to 6, or overnight. Marinate overnight especially if using chicken breast.
- Skewer the chicken meat onto wooden or metal skewers, making sure not to over-crowd the meat. Preheat an outdoor grill to 475/500F or indoor grill pan over medium heat. Grill the chicken kabobs for about 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to cook evenly. Remove from heat and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- For the salad, simply toss together the cucumber, tomatoes, scallion, dill, salt and olive oil. Serve on the side with the chicken kabobs.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!