These pan-seared baby potatoes with garlic butter are THE side dish for any meal! I wish you guys could simply smell the aroma of these through your screen! The garlic butter adds an oven-roasted garlic-y flavor to this dish that makes these potatoes irresistible! Serve these delicious garlic potatoes with barbecued meats, salads, steaks and chicken. It’s a great side dish for the summer months, or try it with your Thanksgiving turkey!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Easy Cooking Tips
Making baby potatoes is super easy! It’s even easier if you plan ahead of time.
- Just boil the potatoes in water until they are just fork tender. Try not to over-cook them, otherwise they will start to fall apart when in the pan.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, not before, cut them into halves if they are larger than 1-inch in size.
- Use a high-quality butter for frying. This is VERY important. The better quality the butter, the more flavor you’ll get. I like to use a grass-fed, organic and minimally processed butter.
- Pan-fry the potatoes on medium-low – low and slow does the trick!
Growing up, my family had a large garden in the backyard and one of my favorite things to enjoy was young baby potatoes just taken out of the ground. They tasted soo good and had a unique flavor that you just don’t get with store-bought potatoes. I still crave for that flavor to this day! We would par-boil the potatoes, then pan sear them loads of butter and a bit of garlic. Making this recipe now brings back warm childhood memories for me!
More Side Dish Recipes!
Enjoyed this easy potato recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Loaded Bacon & Garlic Potatoes – these are seriously amazing! With garlic, bacon bits, fresh herbs and cheese!
- And if you’re looking for more potato dishes, try these ‘Breakfast Potatoes’ without the poached eggs.
- Easy Mushroom Rice is so delicious and great with any meat!
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with thyme and loads of butter!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my copper frying pans and they work so well for this recipe!
These Epicurean cutting boards are so amazing and they’re dishwasher safe!
My classic Wusthof Ikon knife set is the best investment I ever made for my kitchen!