If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful potato side dish, look no further! My easy oven-roasted potatoes are flavor-packed with thyme, parsley, garlic and a touch of parmesan cheese. They pair well with just about any main entrée – beef, chicken, lamb, pork and seafood! It’s my go-to potato recipe for hosting dinners, grilled or roasted meats and everyday meals! This 30-minute potato recipe is always a hit for dinner! Plus, you can season them with your favorite spices and herbs, too!
Watch My Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and watch me prepare this easy potato side dish! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
What Type of Potatoes Can I Use?
I love to prepare this oven-roasted potato recipe using baby potatoes the most! Baby potatoes are sweeter and have thin, delicate skin that doesn’t need to be peeled, making them perfect for this recipe. Some of my other favorites are fingerling potatoes and purple/pink/red potatoes. You can even use regular, large potatoes for this recipe. I recommend peeling the skin on those if you want to use them.
For my video recipe, I prepared 2 pounds of baby potatoes but you can use this recipe for any amount, just increase the seasonings.
What Type of Seasonings to Use?
What makes this recipe so great is that you can prepare it with just about any combination of spices and herbs! For my video recipe, I went with a classic combination of fresh thyme (super aromatic), garlic powder and parsley. You can adjust this recipe to pair with your main entrée, too. For example, if I’m making my Lemon Herb Cedar Plank Salmon, I like to sprinkle fresh dill over the roasted potatoes before serving. Here are some more seasonings to try: smoked paprika (my favorite), basil, rosemary, oregano, onion powder, chipotle chili.
Once my potatoes are done, I garnish them with more parsley, fresh thyme and a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese. The cheese adds a bit of saltiness and more flavor!
How to Prepare Roasted Potatoes
Making these oven-roasted potatoes is a breeze! First, I cut my baby potatoes into smaller pieces – into quarters for larger potatoes and in halves for smaller ones. If you’re using large potatoes, first peel the skin and then chop into smaller pieces. Before adding my seasonings, I drizzle the potatoes with melted butter and oil. These will not only add flavor but also help the spices stick to the potatoes. Then, I spread the seasoned potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Easy, Baking Method
Whenever I enter my kitchen to cook, the first thing I do is preheat the oven if I plan to bake. A preheated oven is key for everything! For this recipe, I set my oven to 450F – a nice, high temperature so the potatoes cook quickly. I cover my potatoes with foil to keep the heat and moisture trapped inside, which cooks the potatoes faster. I bake the potatoes at 450F, covered, for about 18 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender. I then remove the foil and turn on the broiler for 6 to 10 minutes. The broiler will give the potatoes a golden, crispy skin on the outside! Keep the potatoes under the broiler until they’re the desired color.
This oven-roasted potato recipe goes so well with just about anything! Beef, chicken, lamb, pork, turkey, seafood – you name it, these potatoes are a great side dish! Here are some recipes for you to try these with:
- Roasted Rack of Lamb – the juiciest lamb chops seasoned with garlic and herbs, plus tzatziki sauce and a cucumber tomato salad!
- Beef Filet Mignon Dinner – replace my parmesan mashed potatoes with these oven-roasted potatoes for a new twist!
- Grilled Ribeye Steak – another fantastic steak recipe, with chimichurri sauce! Try adding rosemary to the potatoes for even more flavor.
- Lemon Herb Cedar Plank Salmon – zesty and delicious salmon prepared on a cedar plank. Finish the roasted potatoes with fresh dill!
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken – you’ll love these potatoes with this juicy and flavorful chicken recipe! Top the potatoes with fresh cilantro for a great pairing.
- Ginger Garlic Lamb Chops – prepared with a savory ginger garlic teriyaki sauce; the potatoes will be a great addition!
Enjoyed this delicious side dish recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes – the best recipe for classic mashed potatoes, with tons of butter and cream!
- Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes – you’ll want these simple and delicious sweet potatoes with everything!
- Loaded Bacon, Garlic & Herb Potatoes – these potatoes are perfect for a backyard barbecue! Loaded with so much flavor!
- Butter & Thyme Mashed Sweet Potatoes – if you love sweet potatoes, you’ll love this recipe flavorful sweet potato mash!
- Pan-Seared Garlic Baby Potatoes – another one of my favorites! These pan-seared potatoes are crispy, golden and delicious with fresh pressed garlic.
Share it on Pinterest!