The best tasting potato side dish that’s perfect for just about any main entree! These oven roasted sweet potatoes are super easy to make and so delicious! I make my sweet potato recipe with plenty of butter, herbs and spices. This dish will fill our kitchen with amazing aroma and will be gone in minutes! This side dish is great for salads and meats, everyday food and holidays dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for more details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Due to a very high volume regarding the amount of salt: please note, the amount of salt can be adjusted! Feel free to add as much or as little as your prefer.
Methods of Preparation
There are two different ways of preparing oven-roasted sweet potatoes. Both of these are great options!
- The first method is the one I used in my video recipe, which involves cooking the potatoes first, then seasoning them with butter and spices. This method works well if you need the sweet potatoes to be extra soft. Toss the cooked sweet potatoes with herbs and spices, then bake at 350F for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. I also like to turn on the broiler for a couple minutes so the potatoes are nice and golden.
- The second method and the one I currently use requires less work. Just spread the raw sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet. Pour butter or olive oil over the potatoes, then add the seasonings, toss everything together and cover the pan with foil! Set your oven to 425F and roast the sweet potatoes covered for about 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. For more color, broil under high temperature for a few minutes.
How to Serve
Sweet potatoes are very versatile and delicious! I actually prefer sweet potatoes in place of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving with my turkey. Check out these delicious ‘Butter & Thyme Mashed Potatoes’, too! They’re also great with chicken, beef, lamb and and even duck! And, try serving roasted sweet potatoes with eggs in the morning, in place of regular potatoes!
Use the oven roasted sweet potato in salads, like this ‘Kale & Potato Salad’ with massaged kale, cheese and nuts!
Looking for more sweet potato recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Oven-Roasted Potatoes – golden crispy potatoes with garlic, thyme, parsley and parmesan! These are perfect with any main entrée!
- Try this incredible ‘Sweet Potato & Pork Casserole’
- Looking for more potato recipes? Try my easy and delicious ‘Breakfast Potatoes’ with poached eggs and sweet carrots!
- Enjoy this ‘Chicken & Sweet Potato Soup’ – so hearty and delicious!
- Sweet Potato Casserole – the BEST ever recipe for this Thanksgiving classic, with homemade marshmallow meringue and brown sugar pecans!
Save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love these Epicurean cutting boards! They are also dishwasher safe which means easy cleanup!
My Wusthof Ikon knives are the best kitchen investment ever!
These aluminum baking pans are my favorite and great for baking or roasting!