These pan-seared baby potatoes with garlic butter are THE side dish for any meal! I wish you guys could simply smell the aroma of these through your screen! The garlic butter adds an oven-roasted garlic-y flavor to this dish that makes these potatoes irresistible! Serve these delicious garlic potatoes with barbecued meats, salads, steaks and chicken. It’s a great side dish for the summer months, or try it with your Thanksgiving turkey!
Watch My Potato Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and see how I make these baby potatoes! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my website email list and to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Prepare Baby Potatoes
Making baby potatoes is super easy! It’s even easier if you plan ahead of time.
- Just boil the potatoes in water until they are just fork tender, about 15 minutes. Try not to over-cook them, otherwise they will start to fall apart when in the pan.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, not before, cut them into halves if they are larger than 1-inch in size.
- Use a high-quality butter for frying. This is VERY important. The better quality the butter, the more flavor you’ll get. I like to use a grass-fed, organic and minimally processed butter. You can also combine the butter with avocado oil.
- Pan-fry the potatoes on medium-low – low and slow does the trick!
- Toss the baby potatoes with the prepared garlic butter and fresh herbs, then serve!
A Family Favorite!
Growing up, my family had a large garden in the backyard and one of my favorite things to enjoy was young baby potatoes just taken out of the ground. They tasted soo good and had a unique flavor that you just don’t get with store-bought potatoes. I still crave for that flavor to this day! We would par-boil the potatoes, then pan sear them loads of butter and a bit of garlic. Making this recipe now brings back warm childhood memories for me!
More Potato Side Dish Recipes!
Enjoyed this easy potato recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Loaded Bacon & Garlic Potatoes – these are seriously amazing! With garlic, bacon bits, fresh herbs and cheese!
- And if you’re looking for more potato dishes, try these ‘Breakfast Potatoes’ without the poached eggs.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with thyme and loads of butter!
- Creamy Butter Mashed Potatoes – these creamy and delicious mashed potatoes made with chicken broth are a must for the holidays!
- Oven-Roasted Potatoes – golden crispy potatoes with garlic, thyme, parsley and parmesan! These are perfect with any main entrée!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Pan-Seared Garlic Baby Potatoes Recipe (video)
- 2 to 3 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- salt & ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped dill
- sour cream for serving, optional
- Place butter, garlic and dried basil into a small saucepan. Melt butter over medium heat, turn temperature down to low and slowly cook garlic until soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add halved baby potatoes. Cook until potatoes are almost fork-tender but still retain a bit of firmness. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add a splash of olive oil. Add the potatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Turn potatoes cut side down first and fry for 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown. Toss potatoes in pan and sear on all sides.
- To serve, toss pan-seared potatoes with garlic butter; if desired, sprinkle with fresh dill. Serve garlic potatoes warm with sour cream or as a side dish.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!