I cannot rave enough about this incredible, delicious and creamy coleslaw salad! Everything about this summery salad is so good! It’s crunchy, it’s refreshing, it’s easy to make! This salad is perfect really anytime of the year but especially for a barbecue or picnic in the summer months. Serve it with your favorite grilled meat, or try one of my kabob recipes.
Watch My Coleslaw Video!
Watch my YouTube video for step-by-step instructions and all the details. Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Coleslaw Salad
Making this creamy coleslaw salad can’t get any easier. I just tossed some shredded cabbage with sweet heirloom tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, sweet red bell pepper and sweet peas! I also add a bit of green onion to the salad and fresh dill to the dressing for more flavor. The home-made dressing is so creamy and I love the little bit of zestiness that it adds to the salad. It’s made with mayonnaise, lemon juice, dried herbs and more dill. You can use the dressing for any salad, too!
Make Ahead Instructions
If you’re making this salad ahead of time, just keep the ingredients together in a bowl, but not mixed. Add the dressing and toss everything together when you’re ready to enjoy! The tomatoes can get a little juicy if you premix the salad! The quantity of ingredients can also be adjusted since my original recipe makes a pretty big salad!
Enjoy it With These Recipes!
Try this easy coleslaw salad recipe with these delicious grilled kabob recipes!
Enjoyed this easy salad recipe? Check out some of my other recipes!
- Asian Chicken Salad – the best restaurant-style chicken salad with juicy teriyaki chicken!
- BLT Salad – the ultimate BLT salad with bacon, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and more!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Creamy Coleslaw Salad Recipe (video)
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 to 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sweet peas, frozen and thawed or fresh
- 3 green scallions, diced
For Creamy Dressing:
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise, I use olive oil mayo
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- In a small bowl, whisk together all salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Using sharp knife or grater, shred cabbage into thin strips. Toss together with chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, scallions, pepper and peas.
- Dress salad right before serving; will stay well for a few hours once dressed. Keep refrigerated.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!