Easy Mango Shrimp Salad (video)
Delicious seafood salad! This mango shrimp salad with homemade avocado dressing has to be one of my all-time favorites! Made with juicy shrimp, mango chunks, cucumber, tomatoes and romaine lettuce. There’s something so special and incredibly delicious about the flavor combination of this super easy salad! It’s refreshing and crunchy and sweet and creamy all at the same time. The best shrimp salad recipe!
Watch My Shrimp Salad Video!
For all the recipe details and step-by-step instructions, watch my YouTube video recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Mango Shrimp Salad
You’ll love the juicy and flavorful shrimp in this salad. The shrimp is tossed with garlic and a bit of smoked paprika for a light hint of smokiness in the dish. They’re then seared in olive oil and seasoned with a bit of cilantro for a fresh flavor twist. The shrimp is served over of crunchy romaine lettuce, crunchy cucumbers, sweet tomatoes, shallots and chunks of sweet mango! The mangos are my favorite addition to this shrimp salad. I love the sweet mango combined with the creamy avocado and juicy shrimp. The flavors remind of the tropics! This seafood recipe is bound to become a family favorite!
Cooking the Shrimp
Preparing the shrimp for this fruity seafood salad is a breeze! Here’s how it’s done:
- Toss shrimp together with olive oil and season with black pepper, smoked paprika and a few pinches of salt.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat and add the shrimp.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic and chopped cilantro. Toss together and cook for a few more minutes until shrimp are done; do not overcook shrimp!
Homemade Avocado Dressing
This salad is dressed with the best homemade creamy avocado dressing. I love this dressing as a dipping sauce, too! It’s made with loads of avocado, of course; cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and bit of garlic to add a zesty kick. It’s made easily in a food processor. Bottle up any remaining dressing and keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
Enjoyed this mango shrimp salad? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Easy Salmon Salad – with cucumbers, avocado and poached egg, topped with juicy salmon!
- Chimichurri Shrimp Pasta– juicy shrimp with avocado chimichurri pasta! So zesty and delicious!
- Spinach Chicken Salad – one of my favorites! Juicy chicken with avocado, cheese and pears!
- Fig & Steak Salad – California-style salad with grilled rib eye steak and sweet figs!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Easy Mango Shrimp Salad (video)
For Avocado Dressing:
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 small garlic cloves
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, smoked paprika, salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 to 10 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- Prepare the salad dressing: place avocado, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice and salt into food processor/blender and puree into a thick paste. If salad dressing is too thick for your liking, thin out with more lime juice or more olive oil. Place into a bowl or dispenser bottle and set aside.
- Prepare all the salad toppings and keep refrigerated until ready to assemble salad.
- For the shrimp: toss shrimp together with olive oil and season with black pepper, smoked paprika and a few pinches of salt. Preheat a frying pan over medium heat and add the shrimp. Cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic and chopped cilantro. Toss together and cook for a few more minutes until shrimp are done; do not overcook shrimp!
- To assemble salad: spread Romaine lettuce onto plate, followed by chopped mango, tomatoes, cucumber and shallot rings. Add garlic shrimp and top with salad dressing. Serve immediately or keep all ingredients refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!
Thank you so much for your support and for watching! 🙂