A classic bistro salad recipe that will captivate your taste buds! This prosciutto and pear salad is simply delicious and easy to make! You’ll love the flavor combination of sweet pears, salty prosciutto and mozzarella cheese on a bed of arugula lettuce! It’s all topped with a homemade honey balsamic dressing! Great as a dinner entree or as a side salad!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Prosciutto Salad Toppings!
I like to use arugula lettuce as a base for this pear salad because is crispy and zesty. You can also use baby kale or spinach or even spring mix. Then, I top it off with simple ingredients: salty prosciutto pulled apart into smaller bits, creamy mozzarella cheese balls, sliced pears and sweet plums. To complement all those ingredients, I also add some sliced red onion and crunchy toasted almonds. You’ll love the combination of flavors, colors and textures!
Honey Balsamic Dressing
To dress this prosciutto salad, I make a homemade honey balsamic dressing. I find it hard to find the perfect dressing to many salads, so I often find myself making my own! This simple dressing is made with honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Pour the ingredients into a dispenser bottle or into a small bowl, give it a shake or a stir and that’s it! You can keep the remaining dressing in the refrigerator for weeks.
Enjoyed this easy arugula pear salad? Check out some of my other salad recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Spinach Chicken Salad – one of my favorites! Juicy chicken with avocado
- Easy Salmon Salad – with cucumbers, avocado and poached egg
- Mango Shrimp Salad – juicy shrimp with mango and green goddess dressing!
- The Best BLT Salad – with cheese, bacon bits, avocado, tomatoes and so much more!
- Prosciutto Arugula Apple Salad – a quick and easy salad with prosciutto, cheese, apples, candied pecans and zesty dressing! The perfect side salad for any entrée!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Prosciutto & Pear Salad (video)
- 8 to 10 cups baby arugula or spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 3 to 4 plums, figs; sliced
- OR, 1 to 2 peaches or nectarines, sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare the balsamic vinaigrette. Place the honey, vinegar and olive oil into a dispenser bottle and shake well. Alternatively, place the ingredients in small bowl and whisk until well combined; set aside.
- Prepare the salad. Spread the salad greens over a large tray. Top with the prepared salad ingredients: sliced red onion, sliced sweet fruit and sliced pears. Separate the prosciutto slices and pull apart if pieces are too big. Layer gently over the salad. Add the mozzarella and toasted almonds.
- Drizzle salad with prepared vinaigrette when ready to serve. Serve with a side of toasted baguette.