These shrimp tacos with mango salsa are seriously delicious! The amazing textures and flavors of this recipe are unbeatable! Each taco is filled with flavorful and juicy shrimp, creamy red cabbage slaw and a the best mango avocado salsa! These easy shrimp tacos are the perfect summer-time meal and will take you right back to the Caribbean! Enjoy them outdoors with a cold light beer or margarita! Whenever I make these at home, these remind me of our vacations in Mexico.
Watch My Shrimp Tacos Video!
For all the recipe details and step-by-step instructions, watch my YouTube video recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Shrimp Tacos
The secret to making killer good tacos is using refreshing ingredients combined with the right amount of seasonings.
- Seasoning the shrimp: I love to use wild-caught shrimp for my shrimp tacos and all my recipes because they’re sweeter and more flavorful than farmed. The juicy shrimp need to be well-seasoned with cumin, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Fry the shrimp just until done and golden crispy on the outside!
- Mango Salsa Topping: The mango avocado salsa is home-made and adds just the right amount of creaminess, sweetness and zestiness to the recipe. It’s made with mango, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado and lime juice. I use this mango salsa for soo many of my recipes! Once you try it, you’ll know why I love it so much!
- Red Cabbage Slaw: You’ll love how the red cabbage slaw adds that bit of crunchiness and also more freshness to the shrimp tacos! It’s a super easy recipe, made with red cabbage, carrots, cilantro and cream for some extra creaminess!
Serving the Shrimp Tacos
These delicious mango shrimp tacos are best when eaten straight away! I like to set up a taco bar so everyone can make their own and enjoy them as they go. I recommend making 2 small tacos at a time so the tortilla doesn’t get soggy! Make sure to keep some extra lime wedges on the side when serving these tacos. I love to add a squeeze of fresh lime juice over each taco right before enjoying them! You can also add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce on top!
Enjoyed these amazing shrimp tacos? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- BEST Fish Tacos – seriously amazing beer-battered fish tacos with mango salsa!
- And these ‘Pork Carnitas Tacos’ are also so delicious!
- Mango Shrimp Salad – super easy and delicious seafood salad!
- Cheesy Shrimp Quesadillas – with cheddar cheese, guacamole and juicy shrimp!
Share it on Pinterest!
The Best Mango Shrimp Tacos (video)
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo wild shrimp; peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For red cabbage slaw:
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon each: dried tarragon; ground black pepper
For Mango-Avocado Salsa:
- 1 large, ripe avocado, diced
- 1 large, ripe mango, diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- 20 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup guacamole, optional but recommended
- lime wedges; sliced Jalapeno/chili peppers
- Prepare the slaw and salsa first. For the cabbage slaw, simply toss together the cabbage, carrot and cilantro in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the cream, pinch of salt, tarragon and black pepper. Pour over cabbage and toss to coat; cover and set aside until ready to use.
- For the salsa, gently combine the diced avocado, mango, tomatoes, shallot and cilantro with lime juice and season with salt, to taste; set aside.
- Next, prepare the shrimp: add a few tablespoons of olive oil to the shrimp, then toss with the spices, coating evenly. Preheat a saute pan over medium heat and add shrimp to hot pan. Fry on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until shrimp are no longer translucent. Large shrimp will cook slightly longer, while smaller ones will take less time.
- Heat the corn tortillas in oven at 400F or in saute pan, until hot. You can also warm and slightly char them over an open gas flame if you have a gas stove.
- To assemble tacos, first spread a bit of guacamole over the tortilla. Next, spoon small amount of slaw onto the tortilla first, followed by salsa, top with a couple shrimp per taco and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. For additional toppings, try adding sliced jalapenos or a few dash of your favorite hot sauce.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!