Super easy, 5-ingredient recipe for the classic sweet and sour shrimp! This easy seafood dish is made with juicy jumbo shrimp, delicious green beans and sweet bell peppers, all served over a bed of simple white rice. It’s a great seafood dinner recipe that’s perfect for any day of the week. With just 5 ingredients and in under 30 minutes, you can be enjoying this mouth-watering dish!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Sweet & Sour Shrimp
You’ll love how easy this dish is to make! Start by preparing your favorite rice according to package instructions. Brown, white or even wild rice would work well for this recipe! Next, prepare the jumbo shrimp. I highly recommend using wild-caught shrimp for best results. Wild shrimp are sweet in flavor and have no weird aftertaste that is usually associated with farmed shrimp. Peel and devein the shrimp, if not already done.
Next, chop the red bell pepper and green beans. I used canned green beans in the video for my sponsor but I prefer fresh green beans when I have them. Preheat a large frying pan and fry the peppers and green beans first, until almost tender, then add in the shrimp. Shrimp always cooks very quickly and it’s easy to overcook so I always add it last. Season with your favorite bottled sweet and sour sauce and the dish is ready to enjoyed with rice.
Enjoyed this easy shrimp recipe? Check out some of the other recipes I have on my website!
- Chimichurri Shrimp Pasta – zesty and refreshing pasta with juicy shrimp!
- Best Shrimp Tacos – seriously amazing tacos with mango salsa.
- Shrimp & Sausage Jambalaya – the best recipe for jambalaya with all the flavor!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Sweet and Sour Shrimp (video)
- 2 large red bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 14.5 oz can Del Monte cut green beans
- small bundle fresh green beans
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- Prepare the rice. Combine desired rice, water and salt according to package instructions. Cook rice until done and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients: Core and chop into 1-inch pieces the red bell peppers. Chop fresh green beans into 1-inch pieces. Peel and clean the shrimp. Open and drain of water the green beans.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the chopped peppers and green beans, if using fresh. Season them with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft and tender. Into the same pan, add the peeled shrimp. Cook the shrimp 5 to 9 minutes, depending on the size; longer for large shrimp
- Add the cut green beans and sauce. Mix all the ingredients together until everything is well coated in the sweet and sour sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon the cooked mixture over the prepared rice arranged in a serving dish/casserole.