If you love seafood, you’re going to love this easy shrimp recipe! A simple and amazingly delicious recipe for Thai shrimp spring rolls! These spring rolls are filled with rice noodles, fresh vegetables and juicy shrimp. Plus, an easy recipe for the best ginger-garlic peanut dipping sauce! Enjoy this shrimp recipe as an appetizer or main entrée!
Watch My Spring Rolls Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making these spring rolls! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Shrimp Spring Rolls
This delicious seafood dish is easy to make! Start by preparing all the ingredients and sauces since these spring rolls are best enjoyed immediately. Chop your vegetables thinly into matchsticks. This type of cut makes it easiest to stuff the rolls! Also, prepare the rice noodles according to package instructions. Most just require you to pour boiling water over the noodles.
- For the peanut dipping sauce, I use this bottled peanut sauce (affiliate link) and add a few of my own ingredients: chives, soy sauce and rice vinegar. You can also add some chopped cilantro and even lime juice in place of the vinegar!
- Cooking sauce: Next, prepare the ginger garlic sauce for cooking the shrimp. This easy sauce is made with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili oil and sesame seed oil. Cook this mixture just until the garlic is soft. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, just until done.
- Assembling the rolls: to assemble the rolls, start with sliced shrimp and top with rice noodles, vegetables, cilantro and some of the cooking sauce for even more flavor! Roll the spring rolls tightly and set onto a tray to enjoy!
What Shrimp to Use
Choosing the right shrimp can seem daunting for any seafood recipe! I highly recommend going with wild caught shrimp versus farmed shrimp. It tastes so much better, is sweeter and has better texture. I really enjoy wild-caught Argentinian red shrimp for their flavor! Fresh or frozen shrimp will both work well for this recipe. If using frozen shrimp, simply place them into a large bowl and fill it with cold water. Change the water every few minutes until the shrimp is thawed. Make sure to peel and devein the shrimp before cooking!
Enjoyed this delicious shrimp recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowl – with ginger garlic salmon and lots of veggies over rice!
- Asian Chicken Salad – juicy chicken with mandarin segments and crunchy noodles!
- Sweet & Sour Shrimp – super easy recipe for this restaurant-style dish!
- How to Make Sushi – learn how to make sushi with my step-by-step tutorial!
- Mango Chicken Curry – aromatic, creamy and delicious coconut mango curry with juicy chicken! This dish is a must-try!!
Share it on Pinterest!
Shrimp Spring Rolls Recipe (video)
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 8 extra-large shrimp, de-vined and tails removed
- 1 cup julienne cut zucchini
- 1 cup julienne cut red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienne cut carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 green scallion, diced
- 2 cups prepared rice/bean noodles
For Shrimp Sauce:
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
For Peanut Dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely minced chives
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or lime juice
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- First, clean and peel the shrimp and set aside in a small bowl. Prepare the dipping sauce next. Simply whisk together all required ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup and set aside.
- Prepare all the filling ingredients next - slice the vegetables into thin matchsticks. Also, prepare the rice noodles according to package directions. In most cases, you will need to simply drop them into hot, just boiled water until noodles are soft, about 2 minutes, then remove.
- Combine in small bowl the fish sauce, sesame and chili oil and tamari sauce. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic along with ½ tablespoon of cooking oil. Sauté the ginger and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the prepared fish sauce. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes then add the shrimp. Cook shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side, just until it's done. Remove the shrimp from heat and toss it together with the cilantro and green onion.
- To assemble rolls, prepare a large bowl with cold water. Dip the rice paper into the water for just a few seconds until softened. Cut the shrimp in half lengthwise and place into the center of each roll. Top with a few teaspoons of the ginger garlic cooking sauce. Top with the prepared rice noodles and desired vegetables. Feel free to add your choice of vegetables including sprouts, mushrooms, etc. Fold sides into the center then carefully roll up the spring roll and set onto serving plate. Serve with dipping sauce.