These fish tacos with home-made guacamole, mango salsa and queso fresco will rock your world! Literally, the BEST fish tacos you’ll ever have! I’ve been using this fish taco recipe for years and it never gets old! The simple mango salsa with tomato, cilantro and lime is the perfect topping for these tacos! Top these seafood tacos off with crumbled queso cheese and a squeeze for fresh lime juice for the best experience!
Watch My Video!
Check out my video recipe for all the details (and watch my little ‘happy dance’ at the end!) Want new recipe notifications? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
How To Make Fish Tacos
The most important ingredient in this fish taco recipe is the fish! I love to use a solid, white fish for my tacos – wild Alaskan cod is my favorite. If you’re able to get the fish fresh and not frozen, even better! Here are a few tips to get the crispiest and most delicious fried fish:
- Pat the fish completely dry with paper towels. The flour and batter will stick to the fish better this way.
- Cut the fish into thin strips for crispier pieces.
- Allow the oil to heat until it’s 350F. If the oil is not hot enough, the batter will soak in the oil instead of creating a crispy shell.
- Fry the fish in small batches to avoid over-crowding the pan. Allow the oil to reheat between batches.
Warm Tortillas for the Win!
I recommend preparing the guacamole sauce and mango salsa first, then moving onto the fish. Also, make sure to toast those tortillas! I buy the smallest tortillas I can find and toast them over an open flame for a charred finish. If you don’t have a gas stove like mine, simply place the tortillas onto a baking tray in a single layer, then toast under the oven broiler! Keep the tortillas warm in a bowl covered with a towel under you’re ready to assemble the fish tacos!
Enjoyed this delicious seafood recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Street Style Pork & Peach Tacos’ – with grilled peach salsa, avocado and juicy pork!
- And these ‘Korean Beef Tacos’ delicious will blow away your taste buds!
- Mango Shrimp Tacos – extra juicy and flavorful shrimp with mango salsa and cabbage slaw!
- Shrimp Quesadillas – the best ever quesadillas with cheese, guacamole and loads of shrimp!!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my Epicurean cutting boards – these are also dishwasher safe!
Use a thermometer to make sure your oil is HOT before adding the fish. Cold oil = greasy fish!
This cast-iron braiser is similar to the one I have and use all the time.
Food prep is so much easier with these set of stacking glass mixing bowls.