Summer grilling is in full swing at our house and this recipe is going to be on the dinner menu very often over the next couple of months! My ‘California Street-Style’ Grilled Peach & Pork Tacos are simply epic!! They’re packed and loaded with incredible smoky flavor, from the grilled peach salsa to the Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Dry Seasoned grilled pork chops. If you have company coming over, make sure to grill up a double recipe because these pork tacos will be gone in minutes!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for the step-by-step instructions and more grilling tips! Want to receive new recipe notifications? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
How to Make Pork Tacos
What makes this pork taco recipe so incredible and delicious is the combination of flavors and textures. I start with extra-small, street-style tortillas, which are perfect for casual dining. I love to warm up the tortillas right on the grill, then spread them with loads of creamy guacamole. If you’re in a pinch for time, just use store-bought! I have a great recipe for homemade guacamole below. Top the guacamole off with some soft queso fresco, then it’s time for the star ingredient: pork chops!
All About The Grilled Pork Chops!
I partnered with Smithfield for this easy taco recipe because I absolutely love their Marinated Fresh Pork products! They come in a huge variety of cuts and flavors and for this recipe, I went with Smithfield’s Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Dry Seasoned Pork Chops. The pork chops come perfectly seasoned and are oh-so-aromatic! I just take them out of the packaging, slice them in half to cut down the cooking time and place them on the grill. Using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork for this recipe makes it so quick and easy – this pork chop recipe is ready in under 30 minutes!
For the ultimate seasonal topping for these tacos, I make my own grilled peach salsa! Grilled peaches are simply heavenly! Sweet and smoky and perfect for salsa. If you’re short on time, just dice the peaches and add them to a bowl of store-bought pico de gallo or salsa.
Whether you’re planning for Taco Tuesday at home or a weekend barbecue party, this recipe hits the sweet spot! Easy and quick to make and bound to become a family favorite!
Sponsored by Smithfield
This delicious recipe is brought to you by Smithfield. Make sure to check out their website HERE for more recipe inspiration. I love using Smithfield’s Marinated Fresh Pork products in my kitchen because they’re always made with 100% fresh pork, never any artificial ingredients and they’re packed with protein! These products are available at Walmart and select grocery stores/retailers nationwide.
Want more taco recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Spicy and delicious ‘Korean Beef Tacos’ with kimchi slaw and avocado!
- Try these amazing ‘Fish Tacos’ – made with a sweet mango salsa!
- Mango Shrimp Tacos – amazing, juicy shrimp with mango and avocado!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save and share it on Pinterest!
Grilled Peach & Pork Tacos (video)
- 4 Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Dry Seasoned Pork Chops
- 2 to 3 ripe peaches
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- 20 to 25 taqueria-style small tortillas
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- ½ cup guacamole
Optional Homemade Guacamole:
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1 small shallot, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Sprinkle of garlic powder, optional
- Preheat the grill to 475F, then keep on a medium flame. Meanwhile, remove the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Chops out of the packaging and cut in half, to reduce cooking time. Slice the peaches in half. Once the grill is hot, add the pork chops and peaches, open face down first.
- Grill the pork chops 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160F. Close the grill lid for faster cooking. Grill the peaches for 4 to 5 minutes, until nicely grilled, then turn and grill on the other side for a few minutes.
- Heat the tortillas last: grill the tortillas for a minute or two on each side, just enough to warm and slightly char them. Keep the warmed tortillas in a basket lined with a cloth napkin or tea towel.
- Prepare the peach salsa next. Peel away the peach skins, then use a sharp serrated knife to dice the peaches. Add the diced peaches into a large bowl. Seed, then dice the large tomato and add to the bowl along with the diced shallot and cilantro. Add a squeeze of lime juice from 1 lime and season to taste with salt. Toss the ingredients together gently.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for 7 to 8 minutes, then use a sharp knife to dice the meat into small pieces.
- To assemble the tacos, start by spreading about 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons of guacamole over the warm tortilla. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of queso cheese. Top with a generous amount of diced pork chops and the grilled peach salsa. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and add hot sauce, if desired.
Optional homemade guacamole:
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into a large bowl and add the diced shallot, lime juice, salt, cilantro, sour cream and garlic powder (optional). Use a large fork or a potato masher to crush the avocado into a puree.