Easy, cheesy and delicious quesadillas loaded with juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin, mushrooms, bell peppers and mozzarella cheese. Serve these pepper quesadillas with a side of sour cream and fresh salsa. This is one pork recipe that you’re going to love again and again! And, you can have these ready in 30 minutes! Don’t like pork? Make this recipe with chicken or beef instead!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Quick & Easy Dinner!
My ‘Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Quesadillas’ are the perfect option for those busy weeknight meals when you don’t want to compromise on flavor. Just use Smithfield‘s Steakhouse Mushroom Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet. It’s already perfectly seasoned, so all you need to do is slice and saute.
Seasoning Your Own Meat
Want to try this with chicken or beef or fresh pork? It’s super easy! Just slice your choice of meat into thin strips first and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Season the meat generously with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, paprika and even some dried herbs such as thyme and rosemary.
Pepper, Mushroom & Cheese Filling
In addition to the juicy pork, these cheesy quesadillas are filled with sauteed bell peppers, shallots and mushrooms. Plus, loads of shredded mozzarella cheese! The peppers and mushrooms are sauteed until golden brown and tender. They pair so well with the pork and cheese filling!
To assemble the quesadillas, first spread each flour tortilla with a tablespoon of sour cream, then top with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese. Onto one half, add a generous amount of the prepared pork and pepper-mushroom mixture. Drizzle with a tablespoon of your favorite steak sauce. Fold the quesadillas in half and stack until ready to heat.
Enjoyed this delicious quesadilla recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cheesy Shrimp Quesadillas – with cheddar cheese, guacamole and juicy shrimp!
- Pepper & Cheese Chicken Quesadillas – with red bell peppers, loads of cheese and juicy chicken!
- The BEST Fish Tacos – seriously delicious beer-battered fish with mango salsa!
- Grilled Pork & Peach Tacos – street-style tacos with the best peach salsa!
Save it to Pinterest!
Sponsored by Smithfield
I’ve partnered with Smithfield to bring you this delicious recipe because I truly love their products! I’m always recommending Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products to my family and friends – always fresh and so convenient. If you find you enjoy the flavor I use in this recipe, make sure try some of my other favorites: Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is available in an assortment of mouthwatering flavors, such as Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper, Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie, or Applewood Smoked Bacon.
Steakhouse Mushroom & Pepper Quesadillas (video)
- 1.5 pounds Smithfield Steakhouse Mushroom Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- 1 lb chicken thighs or beef tenderloin
- 2 medium shallots, sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 10 flour tortillas
- salsa fresca, for serving
- Prepare all the filling ingredients first. Slice the shallots, bell peppers and mushrooms. Remove the pork filet from packaging. First, section the filet into smaller pieces, then slice into thin slices.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a bit of olive oil. Saute the sliced pork filet in two batches to avoid overcrowding. Saute each batch for 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown all over. If using chicken or beef, season the meat with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Remove the pork from the pan into a large bowl and set aside. Into the same pan, add the mushrooms and season them with a pinch of salt; add more olive oil if needed. Saute the mushrooms for a few minutes, then add the shallots and peppers. Continue to saute for a few more minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- To assemble the quesadillas, first spread each flour tortilla with a tablespoon of sour cream, then top with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese. Onto one half, add a generous amount of the prepared pork and pepper-mushroom mixture. Drizzle with a tablespoon of your favorite steak sauce. Fold the quesadillas in half and stack until ready to heat.
- Heat the quesadillas in a preheated frying pan with a bit of olive oil, or on a grill pan or open-flame outdoor grill. Heat for a few minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted. Serve warm with tomato salsa, sour cream and lime wedges.