Mediterranean Pasta Salad (video)
Have your pasta AND a salad with this delicious pasta recipe! My Mediterranean Pasta Salad is made with grilled pork tenderloin, arugula, feta cheese and dressed with a homemade balsamic dressing. It’s the pasta salad of the season and every bite explodes with incredible, refreshing Mediterranean flavors like capers, olives and lemon zest. Don’t like pork?? Make this salad with juicy rotisserie chicken instead!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions for this recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Making a Pasta Salad
This easy and delicious pasta salad starts with pasta – you can use any type for this Mediterranean salad recipe. Cook the pasta to al dente, drain and set aside. I don’t recommend rinsing the pasta, as this will prevent the dressing to stick to it! Next, prepare the pork tenderloin. For this recipe, I use Smithfield’s marinated pork but you can also make this salad with chicken! Use rotisserie chicken for an even easier salad!
Once you have the meat ready, chop it into bite size pieces and add to the pasta. Next, add the remaining ingredients: cheese, olives, capers and arugula. Make the balsamic dressing in a measuring cup or a dispenser bottle. Simply combine the oil, vinegar, seasonings and garlic, then mix for a minute until well combined. Toss everything together in a large salad bowl and dress with the homemade dressing. This salad can stand in the refrigerator for the next day, too!
Smithfield for Easy Meals!
You can have this amazing Mediterranean salad ready in just 30 minutes and most of the ingredients require little or no prep work! Smithfield’s marinated fresh pork tenderloin in ‘Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper’ flavor is my choice of meat for this salad. With the seasoning prep work already done, all you need to do is slice the tenderloin and grill it! The grilled pork is the perfect complement to the zesty dressing and refreshing veggies!
Thank you to Smithfield for sponsoring this delicious summer recipe! For more 30 minute meals just like this one, head over to Smithfield’s website and social media! Just click here: www.SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com
Looking for more delicious pork recipes? Try these other Smithfield pork recipes on my blog!
- These Grilled Pork and Peach Tacos are out of this world delicious!
- And you’ll love these easy BLTA Pork Wraps for work or school lunches!
- Try my Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Quesadillas next! Your tastebuds will thank you!
- And, try my ‘Italian Pasta Salad’ next, with cheese, salami, olives, veggies and a lemon dressing!
Share it on Pinterest!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad (video)
- 1.5 pounds Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pound gemelli or rotini pasta
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced green and/or kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp EACH: dried thyme, dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, season with salt and cook desired pasta according to package instructions; drain and keep warm.
- Prepare the herbed garlic vinaigrette: in a cup or bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium/high heat, about 475F – 500F. Remove the pork tenderloin from its packaging and slice into 1-inch medallions. Once grill is hot, cook the medallions 4 to 5 minutes per side. Keep the grill lid closed for faster cooking.
- Remove the grilled tenderloin onto a clean tray and allow the meat to rest for a few minutes. Cut the medallions into smaller, bite sized pieces for the salad.
- In an extra-large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together with the warm pasta, the cubed tenderloin, lemon zest, ground black pepper and dressing. Toss together until all the ingredients are well combined. Serve the salad warm as a main dish or side dish.