An aromatic and flavorful garlic chicken salad like no other! This Mediterranean salad recipe will blow your taste buds away! It’s made over a bed of romaine lettuce, extra juicy and flavorful chicken breast, creamy Cesar salad dressing and ALL the veggies your heart desires! I use veggies like avocado, peppers and tomatoes but feel free to add your favorites, too! Enjoy this easy salad recipe with a side of baguette.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making this easy salad recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Easy Chicken Recipe
This garlic chicken salad starts with incredibly delicious, JUICY and aromatic chicken breast. This type of chicken is really easy to overcook but with this recipe, you’ll get amazing results every time. My secret? Cooking the chicken with a bit of acid (white wine) and extra fat (butter). The butter and wine help keep the chicken moist and add so much incredible flavor.
I also add some capers for even more flavor! Always cook your chicken to an internal temperature of 165F. Chicken breast in particular can take a little longer to cook so closing your pan with a lid can help speed up the process. You can also finish the chicken in the oven. Just preheat the oven to 400F and transfer the chicken into the oven to finish for about 12 to 15 minutes, basting and turning the chicken half way through.
Making a Mediterranean Salad
When I hear ‘Mediterranean’, I always think of refreshing and zesty flavors! And this easy chicken salad recipe has loads of those flavors! I start this salad with a simple base of Romaine lettuce. You can use your favorite variety, too such as butter lettuce, iceberg lettuce and even baby lettuce mix.
Next, slice and dice those toppings! I’m using crispy bell peppers, zesty pepperoncini peppers, tomatoes, corn and capers. Here are a few other additions you can include: sun-dried tomatoes, marinated mushrooms, olives, pickled onions. Feel free to use your favorite salad toppings! Dress this salad with your favorite zesty dressing – I used creamy Cesar salad dressing in my video recipe.
Enjoyed this garlic chicken salad recipe? Check out some of my other recipes!
- Avocado Salmon Salad – made with huge chunks of salmon and cream avocado!
- Asian Chicken Salad – crunchy and refreshing cabbage salad with sesame dressing and teriyaki chicken!
- Keto Salmon & Egg Salad – juicy salmon with poached egg, avocado and veggies!
- Spinach Chicken Salad – with juicy chicken breast, cheese, avocado and pears!
Share it on Pinterest!
Garlic Chicken Salad (video)
- 2 large chicken breasts, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large Red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 to 1 cup sweet canned corn
- 1 cup sliced cucumber or small zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced marinated mushrooms
- 1 large sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup marinated pitted olives
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing, or similar
- Prepare the chicken first. Preheat a medium frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the chicken breast into the hot pan and season lightly with salt and black pepper. Brown the chicken on both sides, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining marinade ingredients: garlic, capers, white wine, basil and oregano. Stir the mixture to coat the chicken nicely. Continue cooking the chicken over medium-low heat until cook thoroughly. Smaller, thinner pieces will take about 8 minutes. Larger pieces may take up to 15 minutes. Internal temperature of the meat needs to reach 165F. Once chicken is ready, set it aside and let it rest while preparing the remaining salad ingredients.
- In a large bowl, toss your favorite salad toppings together with Romaine lettuce and Cesar salad dressing. You can also use a zesty Italian dressing or champagne dressing.
- To serve, slice the hot chicken into thin strips and place directly on top of salad. Enjoy with rustic baguette on the side.