The most delicious and EASY Asian chicken salad recipe! This salad is topped with juicy and flavorful sesame chicken and tons of mandarin slices! It’s also full of crunchy ingredients like Romaine lettuce, red cabbage and crispy chow mein noodles! If you love to order this salad in Chinese restaurants, you’re going to love this bright and refreshing version!
Watch My Chicken Salad Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and more tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Asian Chicken Salad
Everything about this easy chicken salad is delicious!
- For the salad base, I love to create a combination of flavors and textures. I add some romaine lettuce, finely chopped red cabbage, shredded carrots and even a bit of cilantro to add a refreshing twist. This blend of cabbage and lettuce creates the perfect salad base!
- Sesame Seed Chicken: Next up, the sesame chicken! The chicken preparation is super easy! I make a homemade teriyaki and sesame seed glaze, which is perfect for this salad. Just brown the chicken, then pour over the sauce and let it simmer away. The chicken is so juicy and flavorful once cooked! Plus, there’s extra sauce left over to use as a dressing!
Try this recipe with my ‘Teriyaki Chicken Breast’ recipe, too! This easy chicken is so flavorful and juicy!
Asian Salad Toppings
No Asian chicken salad would be complete without a healthy helping of mandarins! I love to load up my salad with these sweet citrus segments; they add so much flavor to the salad! And to add some crunch, a few crunchy noodles and nuts to add the finishing touch. I love that this salad is so easy to make and it tastes incredible! Nothing like enjoying restaurant classics from the comfort of home!
Enjoyed this delicious chicken salad recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Asian Chicken Salad – NEW Recipe! Crunchy and refreshing cabbage salad with sesame dressing and teriyaki chicken!
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry – the one and only recipe you need for the best stir-fry ever!
- Spinach Chicken Salad – one of my favorites! Made with juicy chicken, cheese and avocado!
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings – these party wings are perfect for any gathering!
- 5-Spice Chicken – Chinese 5-spice seasoned chicken over wild rice is so delicious!
Share it on Pinterest!
Easy Asian Salad Recipe with Chicken (video)
For Soy Sauce and Sesame Seed Oil Glaze:
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large chicken breasts, portioned into halves
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/3-1/2 red cabbage, sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2-3 green scallions, chopped
- small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 can mandarins, drained
- crispy chow mien noodles
- slivered almonds
- sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F. First, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients for glaze: soy sauce, sesame seed oil, water, brown sugar and rice vinegar. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for about 15 minutes until glaze is reduced in half.
- Next, preheat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil and brown the chicken breast on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Pour in half of the prepared glaze into the pan. Transfer the pan into the oven to finish cooking the chicken.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Turn the half way through cooking to ensure even cooking and seasoning. If glaze reduces too quickly in the oven, add a small amount of water. Thicker cuts of chicken may take longer to cook.
- Meanwhile, toss together all the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl; add chow mien crispy noodles and almonds to your liking.
- Once the chicken is ready, let it rest for about 5 minutes, then slice it into thin pieces. Place the chicken on top of salad and dress with the remaining prepared glaze. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Serve salad while chicken is warm for best taste!
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!