Cheesy Pork Casserole Recipe (video)
Fall is all about warming comfort food and this recipe hits the spot with incredible fall flavors! My cheesy pork casserole is filled with nuts, dried cranberries, creamy Fontina cheese and flavorful pork tenderloin! Every bite is cheesy, creamy and packed with delicious flavor. You’ll love the combination of savory cheese with the sweet and tart cranberries.
I partnered with Smithfield to bring you this delicious and warming comfort food recipe. I love using their Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin in Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper because it pairs perfectly with this recipe. Give this dish a try next time you’re craving for some cheesy comfort food!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make a Cheesy Pork Casserole
This easy pork casserole with pasta noodles is super easy to make! Start by preparing the pasta first. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions and keep warm when done. Next, prepare the pork tenderloin. I used pre-seasoned pork tenderloin from Smithfield but regular, unseasoned pork will also work. If using unseasoned pork – first pat the tenderloin dry with paper towels, then drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Season generously with salt, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and Italian herbs. Proceed with the recipe.
Next, prepare the simple sauce and then combine all the ingredients in a large bowl for easier mixing: cream sauce, cheese, dried cranberries, pistachios and pasta. Chopped pecans or even pumpkin seeds will also work well! Transfer this mixture into a large casserole dish and arrange the pork tenderloin on top. Bake in your preheated oven just until the cheese is melted and smooth, then dig in to enjoy!
I’ve worked with Smithfield for many years and have tons of recipes! Check out some of my favorites!
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad – zesty salad with chunks of juicy pork tenderloin!
- BLTA Pork Wraps – the best wraps ever with bacon, tomatoes and juicy pork!
- Street-Tacos with Peach Salsa – grilled pork tacos with grilled peach salsa!
- Steakhouse Quesadillas – the best quesadillas with peppers, mushrooms and steak sauce.
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Cheesy Pork Casserole Recipe (video)
- 1 1/2 pounds Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin in Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ cups grated Fontina cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup grated Gouda cheese, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup chopped pistachios, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup dried cranberries, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare the pasta per package instructions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Smithfield pork tenderloin. Remove the pork from packaging, then slice into 1-inch thick medallions. This will cut down on the cooking time. Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Fry the pork tenderloin medallions for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the pork when done onto a clean tray.
- Want to use unseasoned pork tenderloin? No problem! You can use regular pork tenderloin for this recipe, too. First, pat the tenderloin dry with paper towels, then drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Season generously with salt, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and Italian herbs. Proceed with the recipe.
- Prepare the sauce. Into the same pan, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté for a few minutes, just until onion is translucent. Add the chicken broth, cream, salt, pepper, dried herbs and paprika. Bring the sauce up to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Assemble the casserole. In the same pan or in a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, pistachios, cranberries, cooked pasta and cream sauce. Toss together until the pasta is well-coated. Transfer the pasta into a casserole baking dish. Arrange the prepare pork tenderloin over the top. Sprinkle top with additional cheese, pistachios and cranberries.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
can I freeze this dish?
Hi Mary! I personally haven’t tried freezing it but I can imagine it would freeze quite well. Enjoy!