These cheesy and flavorful pepper and chicken quesadillas are so delicious and easy to make! This amazing recipe is made with loads of sweet red bell peppers, juicy and flavorful seasoned chicken and cheddar cheese! I also like to add a bit of sour cream to the quesadilla filling to make every bite extra creamy. Serve these cheesy quesadillas with a side of salsa and guacamole! You’ll love this chicken recipe for dinner!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Pepper Chicken Filling
These chicken quesadillas are stuffed with the most delicious combination of juicy chicken, sweet bell peppers, onions and cheese!
- First, season the chicken with aromatic spices such as cumin, chili powder and paprika and then fry in a large pan. The chicken needs to be cooked until done, then let it cool to touch and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Use the same pan to fry the peppers and onion until tender.
- Next, it’s time to fill the tortillas! Spread a bit of sour cream onto the tortilla first, then top with cheddar cheese, chicken, pepper and onion. Place the fillings on one half only, then fold over to form the quesadilla.
- Heat the quesadillas on a griddle or in a large frying pan until the outside is crispy and the cheese is melted on the inside. I recommend heating them over a medium-low heat to ensure the fillings are heated!
And to serve these delicious pepper chicken quesadillas, an equally epic homemade peach and avocado salsa. I love a good, sweet salsa and this one is no exception.
I make it with loads of creamy avocado, sweet peaches, refreshing cilantro and zesty lime juice. I load up my quesadillas with tons of this salsa, a bit more sour cream and touch of hot sauce to finish things off. You can also add some guacamole on the side for even more avocado creaminess!
This is a great recipe even for a busy weeknight meal. It comes together in no time so you’ll have a home-made meal on the table quickly. Once you’ve tried this recipe, it’s bound to become a staple dish!
Enjoyed this easy dinner recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to love!
- Steakhouse Mushroom Quesadillas – packed with juicy pork, mushrooms and peppers!
- The BEST Fish Tacos – seriously delicious beer-battered fish with mango salsa!
- Grilled Pork & Peach Tacos – street-style tacos with the best peach salsa!
- Cheesy Shrimp Quesadillas – with cheddar cheese, guacamole and juicy shrimp!
Share it on Pinterest!
Pepper & Chicken Quesadillas (video)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound chicken thigh or breast meat
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin, smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
For Peach Salsa:
- 2 green onions, diced
- small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small peach, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- juice from 1 lime
- salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red taco sauce
- Prepare the salsa. Place all the ingredients: avocado, tomato, peach, onion, and cilantro; into a small bowl. Season with salt and squeeze lime juice over the mix. Add the taco sauce; gently combine all the ingredients and set into the refrigerator until serving.
- Prepare the meat. Place whole pieces of chicken into a large bowl. Season with spices, salt and pepper; add a few tablespoons of olive oil to help the spices adhere to the meat. Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the meat until done, about 7-8 minutes per side. For thicker pieces of meat, cover the pan with a lid. Remove from pan and place onto paper towels to get rid of excess juices and oils. Into the same pan, add the bell pepper and sliced onions; cook until soft and tender.
- Let the chicken cool slightly before dicing into smaller pieces.
- To make the quesadillas. Spread a small amount of sour cream all over each tortilla, followed by shredded cheddar cheese (or use your favorite kind). Add the pepper and onion mixture onto one half of each quesadilla, followed by the diced chicken. Fold the quesadillas over in half.
- Preheat a grill pan or a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the prepared quesadillas and heat each side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and tortilla is browned. Remove and cool slightly before cutting into smaller, serving size pieces. Serve with a side of salsa.