Easy BLT Salad with Avocado (video)
This easy salad is seriously amazing!! My easy BLT salad with avocado is packed with the most incredible ingredients – avocado, bacon bits, tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots and creamy feta cheese! Plus, it’s great with just about any type of dressing! Enjoy this refreshing and crunchy salad on its own or with any type of protein! It’s delicious with steaks, chicken, seafood, salmon or even lamb! And, it’s a great option for barbecues! Try it with my ‘Grilled Ribeye Steak’ recipe for a delicious dinner!
Watch My Salad Video Tutorial!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and more tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Salad Recipe
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need for this easy recipe!
- Lettuce: I like to use crunchy romaine spinach, spring greens and even iceberg lettuce will work great.
- Avocado: creamy avocado is a must here!
- Smoky Bacon: Use as much or as little bacon as you like! The more the better for me!
- Cheese: I used feta cheese in my video recipe but you can also use crumbled goat cheese, blue cheese, gorgonzola, or even grated cheddar.
- Salad Dressing
How to Make Easy BLT Salad with Avocado
You’ll love just how easy this salad is to make! I love to serve this BLT salad in a casserole dish because it’s so easy to serve from it and the salad looks so vibrant. You can scale this recipe up or down depending on how servings you need!
- Start with lettuce: I’m using romaine lettuce in my video recipe but butter, iceburg or even spinach will work well!
- Chop your veggies: slice the cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado and shallots. Chop the bell pepper, bacon and herbs.
- Add the cheese and bacon: I love this recipe with feta cheese! You can also use crumbled goat cheese, blue cheese, gorgonzola, or even grated cheddar! Render the bacon slices, then chop into small bits for some smoky flavor in every bite!
- Add your dressing – more about that next!
What Dressing to Use
This refreshing BLT salad is great with just about any type of dressing! Go with the dressing that best fits the flavor profile of your protein, if you are adding any. I really enjoy this salad recipe with a creamy caesar, zesty French vinaigrette or balsamic. You can also use a creamy avocado dressing or zesty Italian!
What to Serve With a BLT Salad
This salad recipe is really great all on its own but you can also enjoy it with just about any type of protein – beef, chicken, lamb and seafood! It’s the perfect barbecue salad! If you love seafood, try it with my ‘Lemb & Herb Cedar Plank Salmon’ – this salmon is so juicy and delicious! Looking for beef options? My ‘Grilled Ribeye Steak’ is one of our favorites! You’ll also love this crunchy salad with my ‘Grilled Chimichurri Chicken’ – flavorful packed and juicy chicken recipe!
Enjoyed this easy BLT Salad recipe? Check out some of my other options you’re sure to enjoy!
- Grilled Flank Steak Salad – perfect for summer, with grilled corn, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and chimichurri dressing!
- Italian Pasta Salad – the ultimate pasta salad with veggies, cheese, salami, olives and a lemon dressing!
- Avocado Salmon Salad – easy and delicious salmon salad with a poached egg, crunchy cucumbers, creamy avocado and shallots!
- Avocado Citrus Salad – bright and refreshing arugula salad topped with avocado, oranges, fennel, cucumbers and a lemon vinaigrette! Great for spring and summer!
Share it on Pinterest!
Easy BLT Salad with Avocado (video)
- 3 medium heads of romaine lettuce
- 10 cocktail cucumbers, or 5 medium persian
- 1 to 2 red bell peppers
- 3 to 4 small shallots, or 2 large
- 2 cups cherry or baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles or cubes
- OR use gorgonzola, blue, cheddar or goat cheese
- 6 slices smoked bacon
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup dressing of choice, I like creamy Caesar or Ranch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- You can easily scale this recipe up or down depending on how many servings you need. Also, feel free to add your favorite veggies, such as radishes, zucchini, cauliflower or broccoli to the mix!
- Start by preparing the bacon slices. Preheat a large frying pan over medium high heat and fry the bacon for 2 to 4 minutes per side, until golden and crispy. Transfer the bacon onto a tray lined with paper towels to absorb any excess grease. Once the bacon has cooled, chop it into small bits.
- Next, wash and prepare the vegetables. Rinse and sort the romaine lettuce and let dry. Once dried, stack the leaves in bunches of 5 or 6 and use a sharp knife to cut off the ends, then chop into bite sized pieces. Spread the romaine lettuce over a large platter or layer into a large casserole tray (easy serving!).
- Chop the red bell pepper into bite sized pieces, about 1/2-inch in size. Slice the cucumbers into thin slices. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or quarters. Slice the shallot thinly and cube the feta cheese, if needed. Sprinkle the sliced and chopped veggies and cheese in an even layer over the bed of romaine lettuce. Sprinkle the prepared bacon bits over the top.
- Quarter the avocado, then carefully slice the avocado segments thinly. Fan them gently and place on top of the salad. If desired, simply chop the avocado into bite sized pieces and sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle the freshly chopped herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste and then pour the dressing over the top. If not serving right away, keep the dressing on the side.
What dressing do u use or do u have any suggestions?
I love this salad with French vinaigrette (zesty and more fresh) or creamy Caesar (creamy and pairs well with the bacon!). Use a dressing that will pair will with your main protein. Enjoy!