The most delicious teriyaki salmon recipe – wild salmon glazed with a homemade ginger-garlic glaze! I use this easy and delicious sauce for so many of my recipes! This pan-seared garlic salmon dish is simply amazing! It’s one of my all-time favorite seafood dishes! Serve the salmon with a simple salad or steamed rice!
Watch My Salmon Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing the Salmon
Start this teriyaki salmon recipe off by preparing the salmon fillet. You can prepare the salmon with or without skin. Use a long, sharp knife to remove the skin, if desired. Check out this salmon prep video for more instructions! If you are leaving the skin on, make sure to clean the scales off the skin and rinse well after cleaning. Use kitchen tweezers to remove any bones from the flesh. Portion the fillet into serving size pieces, about 1 1/2 to 2-inch in width. If your salmon fillet is extra thick, you can cut the portions smaller.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
This delicious homemade teriyaki sauce is simply the best! I use it for so many of my other recipes, like these ‘Ginger Garlic Lamb Chops’ and my ‘Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry’! To make the sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan: soy sauce, sugar, water, ginger, garlic, sesame seed oil and vinegar! Bring the sauce to low simmer and let it simmer away while you are preparing and cooking the salmon. Pour the sauce over the salmon right before finishing it off in the oven. Pour extra sauce over the salmon when serving for even more flavor!
- Make it a salad and enjoy the salmon over a bed of spring greens, avocado and cucumbers! Use this salmon with my ‘Avocado Salmon Salad’
Looking for more salmon recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Mango Teriyaki Salmon – one of my favorites, with homemade teriyaki sauce and mango avocado salsa on top!
- Cedar Planked Salmon – with the best herbed garlic butter! So smoky and delicious!
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowl – glazed salmon with veggies over rice!
- Avocado Salmon Salad – with corn, romaine lettuce and creamy dressing!
Share it on Pinterest!
Easy Teriyaki Salmon Recipe (video)
- 6-8 salmon steaks/fillets, or 1 large salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 6 to 7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- salt for seasoning
- Prepare a large salmon fillet for cooking. Remove the skin and pin bones, then portion. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium/low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until ginger and garlic are cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Season the salmon fillets lightly with sea salt. Add a splash of oil into pan and sear the salmon, face-down first until golden and crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, then pour the sauce over the salmon.
- Transfer the frying pan into the oven and finishing cooking the salmon, about 5 to 7 minutes, more for a thicker cuts. Once cooked, spoon more of the glaze over the salmon to coat.
- Serve the teriyaki salmon over a bed of steamed rice, mushroom rice or a simple salad. Spoon extra sauce over the salmon as desired!