If you love salmon, you’re going to love this incredible teriyaki salmon recipe, served over a bed of creamy mushroom risotto! The creamy risotto is made with asparagus and shiitake mushrooms and perfectly compliments the flavorful salmon. This dish is perfect for an elegant date night dinner at home!
Preparing the Salmon
For best results, I always recommend using wild salmon for my teriyaki salmon recipe, especially when it’s in season. Farmed salmon is too contaminated with chemicals and just doesn’t taste the same. I like to buy my salmon at Safeway or Whole Foods. Ask the fish monger at the store to skin and remove the pin bones for you to save time! If you want to learn how to expertly skin fish, check out this quick video tutorial on my YouTube channel! https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/prepare-salmon-removing-skin-pin-bones/
Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Making Shiitake Risotto!
I love teriyaki salmon and have it quite often with salad, so I decided to experiment with different ways of serving it and this recipe was born! I love the flavor of the shiitake mushrooms in the risotto and the teriyaki sauce adds even more flavor! Making risotto can seem very intimidating – it is a restaurant quality dish but you CAN make it at home! Here are a few tips for success:
- Preheat the broth first so it’s nice and hot. Do not use cold borth – it will increase the cooking time, taking longer to cook between additions. Add the broth in slowly, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Whisk, whisk, whisk! Risotto is a labor of love and you need to whisk it for it to become creamy!
- Add any flavorings and additional ingredients, including cheese, at the very end! You want the risotto to taste simple and the additional ingredients, like the shiitake mushrooms and asparagus to be there for texture. Don’t add the asparagus or mushrooms while the rice is cooking, otherwise you’ll have asparagus rice!
Enjoyed this delicious salmon recipe? Check out some of my other seafood recipes!
- Try this amazing Teriyaki Salmon with ginger garlic glaze!
- Teriyaki Chicken Breast – JUICY chicken with the best homemade teriyaki sauce!
- And you’ll love this refreshing ‘Teriyaki Salmon Bowl’ with tons of veggies served over rice!
- Lemon Herb Cedar Plank Salmon – so much amazing flavor in this easy recipe!
- My ‘Avocado Salmon Salad’ is bound to become a favorite!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!