If you love spinach artichoke dip, you’re going to love this incredible chicken pasta dish! It’s spinach dip meets chicken and pasta! This is one dinner recipe you MUST try! It’s super creamy, loaded with amazing flavors and it’s a great way to sneak in some extra nutrition with the added spinach. It’s made with juicy chunks of chicken, a creamy cheese sauce, spinach and marinated artichokes! Very easy to make and delicious!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How It’s Made – Bechamel Sauce
This creamy, cheesy spinach dip pasta starts with a bechamel cheese sauce. Bechamel is a simply and creamy sauce that’s a great addition to this recipe. To make this sauce, first start by making the roux – a thickening agent made with equal parts butter and flour. Allow the butter to melt, then add in the flour and cook for a minute, then begin adding the milk. Add the milk about 1 cup at a time and whisk well after each addition. The sauce needs to be smooth and clump free. Add in the parmesan and allow it to melt into the sauce over low heat. Add more parmesan on top when serving for some extra cheesiness!
Next, this incredible chicken pasta dish gets juicy chunks of chicken breast, add plenty of marinated artichoke hearts and create a delicious sauce with white wine. First, brown the cubed chicken breast all over and season with salt. I recommend leaving the chicken in large chunks so it stays juicer. The chicken doesn’t need to cook all the way through, it just needs to brown at this stage! Next, add in the wine and spices. The white wine adds so much incredible flavor to this dish and I highly recommend adding it. If you prefer not to cook with wine, just use chicken broth instead and add a tablespoon of lemon juice for zestiness.
- Combine the bechamel cheese sauce and chicken, then add in the spinach last. It doesn’t need to cook for too long, just until the leaves are wilted. When I was recipe-testing this dish, my husband had THREE servings and that says a lot! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have!
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes? Check out some of the other pasta dishes I have on my website:
- Cheesy Crab Pasta – creamy seafood pasta recipe with chunks of crab!
- Best Ever Meat & Cheese Lasagna – seriously amazing lasagna with homemade bolognese and ricotta cheese!
- Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta – amazing creamy pasta with herbed chicken!
- Bacon Mac & Cheese – the BEST and creamiest mac and cheese with bacon bits!