Chicken and pasta never tasted so good! My garlic chicken pasta recipe has been a huge hit with my family! Tender, juicy pieces of chicken are cooked in a garlic, rosemary, thyme and wine broth. Make it a meal by adding some pasta and spinach! This one-pot chicken recipe is the ultimate comfort-food recipe and will save you from washing a mountain of dishes afterwards.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How It’s Made
This delicious garlic chicken pasta dish is super easy to make! First, season the chicken drumsticks generously with salt and pepper; chicken thigh will also work well for this recipe! Brown the chicken all over in a large pan until golden. Add into the same pan the garlic and shallots and cook for a few minutes. Next, add in the wine, broth and herbs and simmer away! If you have time, let the chicken slow-simmer for a more flavorful dish!
While the chicken is simmering, prepare the pasta. Most types of pasta will work great for this recipe! Add the pasta straight into the pan, along with the spinach. Cook just until the spinach is wilted, then enjoy! Don’t want to do pasta? This recipe will work great with mashed potatoes, too! Just remove the chicken from the pan when it’s done cooking and let the sauce reduce over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Use the sauce as a gravy over the chicken!
Ina Garten Inspiration
The original inspiration behind this recipe goes back more than a decade! One of the first cookbooks I picked up was by Ina Garten and I fell in love with her French garlic chicken recipe made with forty cloves of garlic. For the original recipe, brown the chicken all over and then add garlic, thyme and white wine to the pan. Bake it at 375F for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is crispy. I love to use the remaining broth to create a chicken gravy. I still enjoy that recipe to this day! This pasta recipe combines those incredible flavors of roasted garlic and juicy chicken.
Enjoyed this easy garlic chicken recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to love!
- Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – artichoke spinach dip meets chicken! You’ll love this creamy pasta!
- Potato & Chicken Casserole – super easy and always a huge hit! This casserole is so delicious!
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta – a delicious mushroom sauce with juicy chicken!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta – creamy, zesty and delicious pasta with chicken, mushrooms, artichokes and tomatoes!
Share it on Pinterest!
French Garlic Chicken Pasta (video)
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks or thighs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon each: fresh rosemary, thyme leaves
- 10 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as chardonnay or pinot grigio
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 4 to 5 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 pound pasta, such as penne
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add chicken pieces and season with salt and black pepper. Fry on all sides until chicken is nicely browned. Chicken will not be cooked all the way through. Transfer onto a plate.
- Into the same pan, add the garlic and shallots. Reduce heat to medium-low and sweat for a few minutes. Add the wine, rosemary and thyme and simmer sauce for a few minutes. Add about 1 1/2 cups chicken broth to the pan.
- Return chicken to pan, cover with lid and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Transfer onto a clean plate and keep warm.
- Into the remaining broth, add the dry pasta and add more broth to completely cover the pasta. Cover and cook until al dente. When pasta is cooked, add the spinach and toss with the pasta to cook. Return chicken to pan and heat for a few minutes; serve hot.