Creamy Prosciutto Pasta, or as I like to call it – my ‘creamy SPRING pasta’ dish! This creamy, cheesy pasta is coated in a creamy, white cheese sauce and dotted with asparagus, sweet peas and sliced prosciutto. Each bite is bursting full of flavor! My secret ingredients: lemon and white cooking wine. The lemon flavor adds just the right amount of citrus acidity to balance the richness of the cheese, making this an unforgettable dish! Have this easy dinner recipe ready in under 30 minutes!
Watch My Video!
Make sure to watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Making Prosciutto Pasta
This easy pasta recipe comes together in no time! I always like to start with the pasta by getting a large pot of water boiling. Once the pasta is done, just drain it and set it aside. Meanwhile, prepare the creamy white wine sauce. The first part is a cheesy bechamel sauce – a simple sauce made with thickened milk and cheese. In a separate pan, saute the shallots and garlic for a few minutes, then add the asparagus and peas. Next, add the wine and lemon juice and allow the wine to reduce for a few minutes. Add the cream sauce to the pan, along with the pasta and toss to coat. Add the sliced prosciutto last and enjoy! Super simple and so delicious!
I get lots of questions about replacing wine in recipes whenever I use it. When adding wine to a dish such as this one, the alcohol will cook out during the cooking process and you’ll be left with just flavor. If you prefer to cook without wine, simply replace it with chicken broth. Don’t enjoy prosciutto? You can replace it with cubed chicken breast or thigh. I recommend slicing the chicken into thin strips or small cubes, season well with salt and pepper and fry until cooked through. Then, proceed with the recipe!
Enjoyed this easy pasta recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Skinny Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – all the flavor without the heavy cream! This pasta is made with juicy garlic chicken and creamy sauce!
- Chicken Mushroom Pasta – one of my personal favorites! This creamy pasta is amazing!
- Spinach Dip Pasta – artichoke spinach dip meets chicken pasta!
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles – an easy noodle twist to the classic comfort dish!
Share it on Pinterest!
Creamy Prosciutto Pasta Recipe (video)
- 1/2 pound campanelle pasta
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 tsp EACH: dried basil, dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup white cooking wine w/ lemon
- OR, 1 cup white wine and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 6 to 7 slices prosciutto
- Prepare the pasta according to package instructions; any type of pasta will work well.
- Prepare the white sauce first. In a small saucepan, melt the 2 tbsp butter, then whisk in the flour. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes, then begin adding the milk. Add about 1/2 cup at a time, whisking after each addition until the mixture is smooth. Once all the milk is added, season the sauce with a pinch of salt, ground black pepper and optional paprika. Add the mozzarella cheese and whisk until the cheese is melted and completely smooth. Cover the saucepan with a lid and set aside.
- Preheat a large frying pan and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic; saute for a few minutes. Next, add the chopped asparagus and peas and cook for a few more minutes. Pour in the lemon white cooking wine; if using regular white wine, add juice from 1/2 lemon. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the prepared white cheese sauce into the pan, then add the cooked pasta and sweet peas; toss to coat.
- Layer the prosciutto slices into a stack, then slice into thin slices using a sharp knife. Sprinkle over the pasta; garnish with finely minced chives.