Easy, Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta (video)
The most delicious and creamy Tuscan chicken pasta recipe! My sun-dried tomato pasta is made with juicy chicken breast, sliced mushrooms and marinated artichokes. The pasta is tossed in a creamy white wine sauce that is so delicious! I also add grated parmesan cheese on top for the ultimate pasta dish! This chicken dinner recipe comes together in no time and it’s bound to become a family favorite!
Watch My Tuscan Chicken Pasta Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making this delicious Tuscan pasta recipe and more tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website email list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
You’ll love how easy and delicious this chicken pasta dish truly is! Here’s how to make it:
- Start by bringing a large pot of salted water up to a boil for the pasta. This is always the first thing I do when making any pasta dish.
- While the pasta is cooking, start preparing the amazing chicken sauce. You can use chicken breast or chicken thigh for this recipe! Just cube the chicken into small pieces, then brown all over in a large, hot sauté pan. Once the chicken is browned, remove it from the pan and set it aside until later.
- Next, sauté the mushrooms and onion in melted butter. The butter adds so much great flavor! Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic next. I used julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil. Just remove them from the oil and chop into small bits.
Making the White Wine Sauce
The delicious white wine sauce for this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta is so easy to make!
- Once you have the mushrooms, onion, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in the pan, season the pasta sauce with herbs and spices and add in the white wine. Let the white wine reduce for a few minutes until most of the liquids are reduced.
- Once that’s reduced, add in the flour and begin adding the milk and chicken broth. The flour will help thicken the sauce. For a richer sauce, try adding 1 cup heavy cream in place of 1 cup milk.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Next, add in the marinated artichokes. I always add these last because they can cause the milk sauce to separate. Now you’re ready to add in the pasta! Add it in and toss to coat.
- Serve this sun-dried tomato pasta with more cheese on top!
Prefer to cook without alcohol? For the best flavor, I highly recommend using white wine for this chicken pasta recipe but you can make it without. Replace the 1/2 cup white wine with more chicken broth instead. Once you have the chicken pasta dish ready, add about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, along with the artichokes, into the dish. Do not add the lemon juice too early into the pasta, as this can cause the sauce to separate.
Enjoyed this easy chicken dinner recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Creamy Tuscan Turkey Meatballs – rich and creamy orzo pasta dish with the best turkey meatballs! Seasoned with thyme, rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes!
- Skinny Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – all the flavor without the heavy cream! This pasta is made with juicy garlic chicken and creamy sauce!
- One-Pan Dill & Lemon Chicken – a quick and easy lemon chicken recipe with fresh dill, loads of garlic, and asparagus! Pair it with pasta, rice or potatoes.
- Easy Chicken & Potato Casserole – have this casserole in the oven in 10 minutes! With white wine and baby potatoes!
- Cheesy Baked Rigatoni – the ultimate comfort food dish! This baked pasta casserole is made with hearty bolognese sauce and three types of cheese!
Share it on Pinterest!
Easy, Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe (video)
- 2 to 3 large chicken breasts, cubed
- OR, 4 to 5 chicken thighs, cubed
- cooking oil
- salt and black pepper
For Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 to 10 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- 1 tsp EACH: salt, smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp EACH: black pepper, dried oregano, dried basil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichokes
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 to 2 cups grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 1 pound penne pasta, or pasta of your choice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and set is aside, keeping warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy chicken sauce. Heat a large, deep saute pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of cooking oil (I use avocado oil). Once the pan is hot, add in the chicken breast or chicken thigh and season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken all over, cooking for 8 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Using a large spatula, remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm on the side.
- Next, into the same pan, add in the butter. Once it’s melted, add in the mushrooms and onion. Saute this mixture for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the mushrooms are browned and the onion is tender. Next, add in the minced garlic and chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook for an additional minute. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, dried oregano and basil.
- Now for the sauce: add in the white wine and let it simmer for a few minutes until most of the liquids are reduced. Sprinkle in the flour and mix it in well, then cook for 1 minute. Begin adding the milk – add 1 cup at a time and whisk well after each addition. For a richer sauce, try adding 1 cup heavy cream in place of 1 cup milk. Add in the chicken broth next and return the browned chicken into the pan. Bring the sauce up to a simmer over medium heat and let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove the pasta from heat and add in the marinated artichoke, parsley and cheese and mix well until everything is well combined. Next, add in the cooked pasta and toss to coat it well. Serve the pasta with extra grated cheese on top!
- For reheating the pasta, preheat a large frying pan over medium heat, add the pasta and add about 1/2 cup of chicken broth. The broth will help reconstitute the sauce. Heat until warm.
This was so delicious and really easy to make. Thank you for the recipe. Will be making this again!
Hi Anna! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe!! 🙂 Thank you for leaving your review!
So delicious! Felt like we ate dinner out at a high end Italian restaurant. This recipe is absolutely a keeper! Thank you!
I’m so glad you loved the recipe! It’s one of my favorite chicken pasta recipes. Thank you for leaving a review! 🙂
Wow, so delicious! I didn’t add the artichokes but it still turned out perfect!
I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!