The most delicious and creamy chicken pasta recipe! My sun-dried tomato pasta is made with juicy chicken breast, sliced mushrooms and marinated artichokes. The pasta is tossed in a creamy white wine sauce that is so delicious! I also add grated parmesan cheese on top for the ultimate pasta dish! This chicken dinner recipe comes together in no time and it’s bound to become a family favorite!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and more tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Creamy Chicken Pasta
You’ll love how easy and delicious this dish truly is! Start by bringing a large pot of salted water up to a boil for the pasta. This is always the first thing I do when making any pasta dish. While the pasta is cooking, start preparing the amazing chicken sauce. You can use chicken breast or chicken thigh for this recipe! Just cube the chicken into small pieces, then brown all over in a large, hot saute pan. Once the chicken is browned, remove it from the pan and set it aside until later.
- Next, saute the mushrooms and onion in melted butter. The butter adds so much great flavor! Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic next. I used julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil. Just remove them from the oil and chop into small bits.
White Wine Sauce
The delicious white wine sauce for this creamy chicken pasta is so easy to make! Once you have the mushrooms, onion, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in the pan, season the pasta sauce with herbs and spices and add in the white wine. Let the white wine reduce for a few minutes until most of the liquids are reduced. Once that’s reduced, add in the flour and begin adding the milk and chicken broth. The flour will help thicken the sauce. For a richer sauce, try adding 1 cup heavy cream in place of 1 cup milk.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Next, add in the marinated artichokes. I always add these last because they can cause the milk sauce to separate. Now you’re ready to add in the pasta! Add it in and toss to coat.
- Serve this sun-dried tomato pasta with more cheese on top!
Prefer to cook without alcohol? For the best flavor, I highly recommend using white wine for this recipe but you can make it without. Replace the 1/2 cup white wine with more chicken broth instead. Once you have the chicken pasta dish ready, add about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, along with the artichokes, into the dish. Do not add the lemon juice too early into the pasta, as this can cause the sauce to separate.
Enjoyed this easy chicken dinner recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – artichoke spinach dip meets chicken and pasta in this easy and delicious recipe!
- Easy Chicken Rice Pilaf – one of my childhood favorites! This chicken rice dish is so aromatic!
- Easy Chicken & Potato Casserole – have this casserole in the oven in 10 minutes! With white wine and baby potatoes!
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Noodles – taking the classic pot pie and making it into an easy noodle recipe!
Share it on Pinterest!