If you love pasta and tacos, you are going to love this cheesy, Tex-Mex taco pasta recipe! I combined all the flavors of cheesy ground beef tacos with cheesy pasta to create a new dish! You’ll love all the delicious flavors going on here – ground beef, peppers, corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and loads and loads of cheese. Plus, it’s super easy to make – you can have this taco pasta ready in 30 minutes!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the cheesy details and step-by-step instructions!!Want new recipe updates? Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get a notification each time a new recipe goes live!
California Style Dish!
If you haven’t noticed already, I’m a huge taco fan! I love them with all the toppings and loads of avocado, like a true Californian! We are seriously spoiled here in California with so many delicious Tex-mex and traditional Mexican and Central American dining options. I’m always looking to add some spice and zestiness to my recipes and this pasta dish is the perfect example of that! It packs so much flavor into such a simple recipe! Every bite of this pasta is loaded with incredible flavor and I love the cheesy sauce!
All the Taco Seasonings!
I made this taco pasta recipe with some of my favorite taco toppings, such as tomatoes, corn, peppers and cheese. I also love ground beef for soft tacos and burritos, so I used it here, too. Feel free to add more toppings and ingredients, inspired by your favorite taco recipe! I can’t handle the spicy food too well, so this recipe doesn’t have too much heat. If you like your food on the spicier side, try adding diced jalapeno to the recipe!
Enjoyed this creamy and cheesy pasta dish? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Creamy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – spinach artichoke dip meets juicy chicken and pasta in this amazing dish!
- Next, try my classic ‘Beef Stroganoff’ – flavor-packed and so easy to make!
- Bacon Mac & Cheese – the BEST ever macaroni and cheese recipe with smoky bacon bits!
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta – made with zesty tomatoes and artichokes, juicy chicken and a creamy white wine sauce!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe (video)
- 1 pound ground beef
- olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- diced jalapeno, optional
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cheddar cheese blend
- 1 tsp EACH: chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup black beans, optional
- small handful chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime, for serving
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta while preparing the sauce.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the ground beef and season generously with salt and ground black pepper. Fry the beef until it’s well browned all over. Remove the browned beef into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Into the same pan, add the red onion and peppers. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, then add the corn and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. The onion and peppers need to be tender. Remove the mixture from the pan into the same bowl as the ground beef; set aside.
- Next, prepare the sauce. Pour in the beef broth and cream. Add the cream cheese and cheese blend. Cook the sauce over medium heat, whisking until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is smooth. Add all the spices and a small bit of chopped cilantro.
- Return the browned beef, pepper and corn mix and add the black beans. Use a spatula to combine all the ingredients together. Drain the cooked pasta, then add to the pan and mix into the sauce until well-combined.
- When ready to serve, garnish the top of the dish with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and green onion and serve with a lime wedge.