Do you enjoy the chocolate and hazelnut flavors of the popular Ferrero Rocher candy? You’ll love those same flavors in this Ferrero Rocher cake made with hazelnuts, Frangelico, chocolate and Nutella! For this cake, I add pieces of waffle cookies for extra crunch and frost the outside of the cake with a Nutella buttercream! It’s a chocolate-lover’s dream!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video tutorial for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe notifications? Make sure you are subscribed to my YouTube channel!
How It’s Made!
This Ferrero Rocher cake is uber rich, like biting into the decadent truffle. The chocolate cake layers are delicate, yet rich almost like a brownie and very chocolatey. The cake layers are truly delicate so I recommend allowing the layers to cool completely and even set overnight. This way, the cake will be sturdier and easier to work with. This chocolate richness is balanced with the fluffy chocolate buttercream and the bittersweet flavor of Frangelico.
- I garnished my chocolate cake with pieces of butternut cookies, roasted hazelnuts and pieces of Ferrero Rocher candy.
I get lots of questions about substituting the liqueur in this recipe. If you want to make an alcohol-free version of this cake, simply replace the Frangelico with hazelnut syrup. You can find this syrup in the coffee aisle of your local grocery store. You can also try adding a teaspoon of hazelnut extract to the buttercream and the cake batter to add extra nutty flavor. Either way, this recipe will taste amazing! (affiliate links)
- Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake – rich, chocolate and hazelnut cheesecake with cookie bits and more chocolate!
- Ferrero Rocher Macarons – you’ll love these chocolate macarons with hazelnut flavors!
- Raffaello White Chocolate Cake – this one is inspired the white chocolate and coconut truffle!
- Opera Cake – this classic coffee cake is made with almond cake layers and French buttercream!
Please share and save it to Pinterest for later!