Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake (video)
Calling fans of all things chocolate, Ferrero Rocher and Nutella! If you’re a fan of Ferrero Rocher chocolate candy, you’ll love this decadent chocolate cheesecake! This luscious and rich ultimate Ferrero Rocher cheesecake is made with a whole jar of Nutella, loaded with tons of hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur and topped with a silky chocolate ganache. A must-try for the chocolate lover and perfect for any occasion!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the sweet details! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Fererro Rocher Cheesecake
This rich and decadent cheesecake is so fun to make! It starts off with a chocolate graham cracker crust pressed firmly into the bottom of a spring form pan.
Next, it’s the super chocolate-y hazelnut-flavored cheesecake batter! I use an entire can of Nutella for the batter! I also add hazelnut liqueur for more hazelnut flavor! Next, I add crushed waffle cookie pieces to get some crunch factor going! I also add diced hazelnuts into the chocolate cheesecake batter to add more flavor and texture!
Garnishing the Cheesecake
I’m drooling over this close-up shot that shows the rich, chocolate-y cheesecake center! I garnished the top with more chocolate! The additional chocolate ganache on top is not just for garnish; it adds more smooth chocolate flavor! Top off the cake with more chopped hazelnuts and chocolate truffle pieces for a beautiful finish. Give this Ferrero Rocher cheesecake a try next time you need a special occasion cake!
Enjoyed this chocolate cheesecake recipe? Check some of my other Ferrero Rocher inspired recipes!
- Ferrero Rocher Cake – Try one of my most popular recipes, the original Ferrero Rocher Cake! It’s uber rich, nutty, chocolatey and absolutely delicious!
Ferrero Rocher Macarons – Delicate chocolate macarons with hazelnuts and nutella!
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake – this dreamy coconut and chocolate cake is inspired by the Raffaello truffles!
- German Chocolate Cheesecake – rich and velvety smooth chocolate cheesecake with coconut!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I love this tall spring form pan for cakes and cheesecakes.
- These handy off-set spatulas are great for spreading cake batter and frosting.
- My classic CuisinArt food processor is the best – simple and powerful.
- And my classic KitchenAid stand mixer is a must for every kitchen.
Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake (video)
- 10 chocolate graham crackers, or 1 1/2 cups (130g) cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur, or 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 13 ounce jar of Nutella
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups crushed waffle cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 315F. Prepare a 9-inch spring form pan for a water bath: double wrap the bottom of the pan with foil to ensure that water does not seep in.
- Prepare the chocolate crust. Place the chocolate graham crackers into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse again until crumbs are well coated. Transfer the crumbs into prepared pan and using a large spoon or the back of your hand, press the crumbs into a firm and even crust.
- Next, prepare the filling. Place softened cream cheese into a stand mixer bowl and whisk for about 7 to 9 minutes, until cream cheese is light and fluffy. Next, add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, hazelnut liqueur, sour cream and heavy cream. Whisk again for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. Finally, add the entire jar of Nutella into the batter. Mix again until well-combined.
- Last, fold in the chopped hazelnuts and crushed cookies. Pour the filling over the prepared chocolate crust and level off the top with an off-set spatula.
- Prepare a water bath. Place the cheesecake pan onto a baking tray with deep sides; partially fill the pan with water. Bake the cheesecake in preheated oven for 1 hour 45 minutes, up to 2 hours, until edges are set and center is slightly wobbly. Turn oven off, set the oven door ajar and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1 hour. Then, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it cool slowly for a few hours before refrigerating overnight.
- Once cheesecake has set, remove the spring form and transfer the cake onto a cake stand. Prepare the chocolate ganache for garnish. Heat the heavy cream until hot, then add the chocolate chips and stir until smooth and melted. Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake and level with an off-set spatula.
- Garnish the top with additional chopped hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher candy.
Bravo tatyana!! I swear I’ve been searching for this recipe like my entire life and here it is.
you are a hero!!
Hi Tatyana, sorry to bother u..
I was wondering what your preference is. Ferrero rocher cake or the cheesecake?
Thank you for the recipes! 🙂
Hi! 🙂 I personally love the cake but bother are delicious. It depends on what type of dessert you’re looking for, the cake is more dense and richer in flavor
Good to know, thank you for your response!
Love the recipe! Will try for my sisters birthday. Just a question though, how do I wrap the foil around the springfoam pan?
Happy birthday to your sister! 🙂 I just take a large section of foil, place the springform pan in the center and bring the foil up and around the sides of the pan. I recommend doing 2 layers of foil, overlapping each other, to make a tight seal
Hello I find the cake tends to crumble or fall apart when I cut it. The texture of my cake was a bit soft. Is this the way it’s supposed to be? I also thought maybe the chopped hazelnuts was not cut by after he knife and making the cake crumble. Any thoughts on how to prevent the cake from crumbling?
Are you referring to this cheesecake or my original Ferrero rocher cake? The cake will be a bit crumbly because it’s made with a nut flour, which doesn’t hold together quite like regular flour. Make sure you soak the layers well and frost them generously, then allow the cake to sit in the fridge overnight. That should significantly help keep the cake together 🙂
Hi Tatyana! I was actually referring to the cheesecake. I made it again over the weekend and it crumbled when I cut it. I cut the hazelnuts smaller thinking that would help but it didn’t. What should the consistency be? I’ve never had to bake a cheesecake this long before. Did you use a conventional oven or a convection oven? Does the cheesecake need to warm up before I cut it?
I’m sorry that it happened again! It sounds like it was over-baked. It needs to bake until the center is almost set, just slightly wobbly. I use a conventional oven. Each oven bakes differently though so it’s okay to adjust the timing
Your recipe asked for waffle cookies. Would Italian pizzelle cookies be ok?
Yes, they would work great, too! 🙂 Enjoy!
I also noticed the recipe ingredients are a little off because you need 1/2 cup heavy cream for cake mixture and another 1/2 cup heavy cream for ganache. You may want to change that so no one is short on ingredients. Thank you!?
Thank you for letting me know! I made a change so that it makes more sense 🙂
Do the cookies go soggy in this cheesecake?
A little bit, yes! They won’t stay super crunchy but you’ll still be able to taste them 🙂 Enjoy!
This is hands down the best cheesecake I have ever made, and tastes equally good to the Cheesecake Factory, which has my favorite-tasting cheesecakes. My husband loves Ferrero Rocher and I was looking for a Ferrero Rocher cheesecake to make for his birthday and I stumbled upon this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out fantastic and looked beautiful without fancy decorating skills required. The only thing is that my springform pan must have been smaller because I had some leftover filling that wouldn’t fit in the pan. I ended up filling it up a little too high and the crust got a bit messed up, but the chocolate ganache fixed that mostly. Amazing recipe for Ferrero Rocher or Nutella lovers!
Hi Christina! 🙂 I’m so, so happy to hear that you enjoyed this cheesecake recipe! I absolutely LOVE Ferrero Rocher, too! I’m glad you found my recipe for your husband’s birthday! All the best! 🙂
What are waffle cookies? I can’t seem to find those.
Any type of thin, crispy cookies or wafers will work well here. The waffle cookies were just the type I used. Enjoy!
I’ve made this several times, it’s delicious! I’m wanting to make mini cheesecake bites from this recipe. Any idea how long to bake them at?
I’m so happy you enjoy the recipe! I haven’t made mini cheesecakes with this recipe but it should take about 30 minutes at 325F, then let them chill in the fridge.
Hi I wanna make this but I was wondering if I can use something instead of the liquor and I couldn’t find it hazelnut extract either.
Hi! If you can’t find either, I recommend changing the flavor to something that you are able to find. Almond flavored extract or almond liqueur will also work great! Enjoy 🙂