If you love the almond and coconut flavors of the famous Raffaello candy truffles, you’ll love this elegant coconut cake! I’ve previously made a Ferrero Rocher Cake that was a huge hit and now, I’m sharing a version of its cousin truffle – the white chocolate coconut Raffaello cake! This incredible cake is packed with loads of coconut flavor, white chocolate and the texture – very light, tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and watch me put together the cake! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Raffaello Coconut Cake
This elegant cake is packed with so much incredible flavor! The tender and moist cake layers are made with almond flour and coconut cream, to add coconut flavor and a hint of almond into every bite. These delicate layers are then frosted with a fluffy coconut cream buttercream frosting. I add just the fatty solids of coconut cream directly into the buttercream for maximum flavor.
And for the filling, more coconut! I combined shredded coconut with sweetened condensed milk to create an unforgettable center filling. And for the finishing touches, actual Raffaello truffles to finish off this coconut Raffaello cake! I love everything about this sweet coconut creation and I know you will, too!
Enjoyed this Raffaello cake recipe? Check out some of my other cake recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Coconut Cupcakes – delicate coconut cupcakes with coconut buttercream!
- Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake – this uber-rich and decadent cheesecake is a must-try!
- Coconut Italian Wedding Cake – one of my personal favorites! So light and fluffy!
- Coconut Kahlua Cake – coconut and coffee come together for one incredible cake!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!
Raffaello Coconut Cake (video)
For Cake Layers:
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-melted butter
- 1 cup coconut cream, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For Butter Cream:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Toasted coconut, Raffaello candy
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2, 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place eggs, sugar and vanilla into a mixer bowl. Whisk on high speed until eggs are light and fluffy, almost white in color. Gently fold in the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flours, baking powder and salt. Sift the flour into the batter in small batches using a fine mesh sifter, alternating with coconut cream until all ingredients are folded in. Fold in very gently to keep the eggs fluffy.
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared pans and bake in preheated oven until tops are set, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting: whisk the softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and coconut cream; whisk. Gradually in the confectioner's sugar, scraping down the sides of your mixer bowl often.
- For the filling, simply combine the shredded coconut with sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- To assemble the cake, spread the first layer with butter cream, followed by the coconut filling. Top with second layer and coat entire cake with more butter cream. For garnish, sprinkle top with toasted coconut and/or Raffaello candy pieces. Refrigerate cake for a few hours before serving.
- Toasting coconut: preheat oven to 350F. Spread coconut pieces onto baking sheet and bake until coconut reaches desired color. The coconut will toast very quickly; watch carefully!