Love the chocolatey goodness of the Snickers candy bar? I’ve got just the recipe for you! My chocolate Snickers cake is packed, stacked and all that with chocolate, nuts, caramel and marshmallow filling! Every bite of this rich and candy-bar flavored cake is like a bit of heaven in your mouth! This fun and delicious cake is perfect for any occasion, and especially for birthday parties!
Watch My Cake Video!
Watch my video tutorial for step-by-step instructions and watch me put together this delicious cake! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make a Snickers Chocolate Cake
There are so many incredible and tasty components for this cake recipe!
- Chocolate Cake: I start this cake with a rich chocolate cake batter, which yields a super moist and delicate chocolate cake layers. You’ll love the rich flavor of the chocolate cake combined with the filling!
- Marshmallow Filling: Traditional snickers candies are filled with nougat, but I went with an easier method and use marshmallow cream for this cake. You can pick it up at the grocery store, which makes this cake that much easier.
- Caramel Filling: My favorite part of the candy is the crunchy peanut and caramel filling, which this cake is loaded with! I just combine a ton of caramel sauce with peanuts and add them straight into the cake!
- Chocolate Buttercream: Even the chocolate frosting has a bit of caramel! I add some dulce de leche, or cooked sweetened condensed milk into the frosting for a rich chocolate and caramel flavor. Then, just top the cake off with more frosting and few bits of snickers candy bar for the finishing touch!
Caramel Sauce Filling
If you want to make your own caramel sauce for the filling and frosting, I have a great home-made caramel sauce recipe that you’ll love! It’s super easy to make and you can use it for baking, coffee drinks or as caramel dipping sauce. Check out my caramel sauce recipe here: https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/caramel-sauce/
Enjoyed this candy inspired cake? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Almond Roca Cake– another candy inspired cake made with loads of Almond Roca and caramel!
- Ferrero Rocher Cake – rich, chocolate and hazelnut cake inspired by Ferrero Rocher candy!
- German Chocolate Cake – this classic chocolate coconut and pecan cake never goes out of style!
- Chocolate Turtle Cake – another amazing chocolate cake with a caramel pecan filling!
Enjoyed this cake? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Chocolate Snickers Cake Recipe (video)
For Chocolate Cake Layers:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For Chocolate Caramel Frosting:
- 14 ounces dulce de leche, or thick caramel sauce
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup thick caramel sauce
- chopped Snickers bar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F/177C. Butter and flour two, 8-inch cake pans and set them aside. Place the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla into mixer bowl and whisk on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Sift the dry ingredients into creamed mixture, alternating with milk; whisk well after each addition. Watch my video recipe to see how I do it.
- Divide the chocolate cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake layers to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. When cakes are completely cooled, use a long knife to level off the top of each layer.
- For Frosting: place the softened butter into a mixer bowl and whisk on high speed for 7 to 9 minutes, until the butter is whipped and fluffy. Next, add in the dulce de leche, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk again on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, then add in the confectioner's sugar. Whisk again on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- For the filling, mix together caramel sauce and salted peanuts and set aside.
- To assemble cake: spread a generous amount of frosting onto the first cake layer and pipe a barrier ring of frosting around the cake layer. Fill the inside first with the marshmallow cream, then fill it with the prepared caramel and peanut mixture. Watch my video recipe to see how it's done. Top with second cake layer and frost the top and sides of the cake with a crumb coat of frosting; refrigerate the cake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the fridge and frost with final frosting layer. Garnish the top with dollops of cream and with chopped snickers bar. If not enjoying the same day, refrigerate the cake.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!