With so many recipes for chicken and pasta, this dish in particular makes the decision easy to for you! My creamy mushroom and chicken pasta recipe is bound to become a favorite! It’s easy to make and packed with some much incredible flavor! The chicken breast is juicy, the sauce creamy and the paste al dente! If you’re looking for a great chicken breast recipe, this pasta dish is for you!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for the step-by-step instructions! And if you want to receive new recipe notifications, make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel!
How to Make Creamy Chicken Pasta
For my creamy chicken and mushroom pasta, I’m using my favorite cream wine sauce: slow-simmer leeks, shallots and garlic with wine and cream! And my secret ingredient: smoked paprika! It adds an incredible flavor profile to the recipe. I also like to use chicken breast in this recipe but feel free to use your choice of chicken, including thighs and drumsticks. The chicken breast is a good choice because the sauce helps keep it moist.
Another thing I love about this chicken recipe is that it can be so versatile! Mix it up with your favorite veggies like bell pepper, asparagus or even broccoli! Try it with other types of pasta, such as penne or even cheese-filled ravioli! I love to make this dish in the fall with butternut squash filled ravioli. It’s also great with other meats, such as shrimp and even lobster tails. Try using my ‘Butter Poached Lobsters’ with the creamy pasta!
Enjoyed this recipe and looking for more pasta recipes? Check out some of my other recipes!
- Skinny Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – all the flavor without the heavy cream! This pasta is made with juicy garlic chicken and creamy sauce!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta – creamy, zesty and delicious pasta with mushrooms and white wine sauce!
- Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – artichoke dip meets chicken and spinach pasta! So delicious!
- Cheesy Crab Pasta – the best kind of seafood pasta, made with creamy cheese sauce!
- Bacon Mac & Cheese – the BEST mac and cheese recipe ever! Super creamy with bacon bits!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Creamy Mushroom & Chicken Pasta Recipe (video)
- 2 large chicken breasts, or 1 pound of chicken
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: smoked paprika, dried basil
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon EACH: smoked paprika, dried basil, dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine, I used Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb Pasta of choice, I used angel hair
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package instructions to al dente, then drain and keep warm.
- For this recipe, any type of chicken meat will work. I recommend using bone-in chicken thigh and drumsticks or chicken breast. Drizzle olive oil over the meat, then season generously with Kosher salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika and dried basil.
- Preheat a deep, large frying pan or saute pan over medium heat. Melt the butter, then add the seasoned chicken. Brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Into the same pan, add the sliced baby portabella mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms for a few minutes until lightly browned, then add the sliced leek, shallot and garlic. Saute for another 5 minutes, until shallot is translucent.
- Add the sauce seasonings: salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, basil and thyme. Pour in the chicken broth and wine, then bring the sauce to a simmer. Return the chicken back into the pan, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is cooked. Once chicken is cooked, remove it temporarily from the pan.
- Add the cream into the sauce, then add your precooked pasta (I used about 1/2 pound of angel hair pasta). Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for a few more minutes, until pasta is done. Serve hot with chicken and pour extra sauce over the top.