Imagine enjoying the creamy, comforting flavors of a classic chicken pot pie just out of the oven – that’s what you’ll get with this easy chicken breast recipe! This creamy and smoky take on chicken pot pie in the form of a pasta dish is simply mouthwatering! There are so many things going for this dish, starting with the creamy noodles and juicy chicken breast. I also add bits of diced Canadian bacon for a sweet and smoky flavor which perfectly complements the other ingredients.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details! Want new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
All the Best Flavors!
Making a classic chicken pot pie requires a lot of effort! From making the pie crust, to waiting for the pie to bake, it’s a time consuming process. That’s why I love this chicken noodle recipe so much! It has all the flavors and textures! The creamy noodles replace the traditional pie crust. The sauce is loaded with peas, corn, carrots and even mushrooms. The chicken breast is juicy and chunky and so flavorful!
If you’re looking for a great chicken breast recipe, this is the one! I recommend cutting the breasts into larger pieces for best results. The sauce will do the rest of the work, keeping the meat juicy!
Ultimate Comfort Food
This warming pasta dish is everything that I crave for once the leaves start turning yellow and the evenings get chilly! That happens pretty late here in California; it stays warm well into November, but I still love to enjoy creamy comfort foods like this chicken dish. It has all those comforting, warming flavors and textures you crave for when the weather gets cold! My chicken pot pie noodles will warm you (and a large crowd!) right up! I love that this recipe yields a good amount of pasta, perfect for reheating the next day.
Enjoyed this easy and delicious chicken dinner recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Creamy, Cheesy Chicken Orzo – easy, one-pan chicken orzo pasta with parmesan, dried cranberries, and pecans! A fall favorite!
- Creamy Mushroom & Chicken Pasta – made with an amazing mushroom sauce and juicy chicken breast!
- Creamy Chicken Potato Casserole – super easy and delicious chicken casserole with baby potatoes and a creamy white wine sauce!
- Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – it’s artichoke spinach dip meets chicken pasta! You’ll love this amazing dish!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta – this CREAMY, zesty and delicious pasta is bursting with so much flavor!
- Cheesy Baked Rigatoni – the ultimate comfort food dish! This baked pasta casserole is made with hearty bolognese sauce and three types of cheese!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please save and share it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I love these Epicurean cutting boards – they’re dishwasher safe and so great to use!
- My Wusthof Ikon knives are the best investment I ever made for my kitchen!
- I’ve been slowly switching all my cookware to copper and I love this copper frying pan.
Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Noodles Recipe (video)
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 to 10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 extra-large onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots; about 2 large
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the noodles. Once the water comes to a boil, add the noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm until the sauce is done.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken and sauce. Preheat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Cut the chicken tenders into 1-inch cubes and add to the heated pan. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 7 to 8 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken into a clean bowl.
- Into the same pan, add the mushrooms and diced Canadian bacon. Saute the mushrooms and bacon on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden brown and the bacon is rendered. Remove the mixture from the pan and add to the chicken.
- In the same pan, melted the 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the diced onion, carrot, celery and minced garlic. Saute the mixture over medium-low heat for about 8 minutes, until the onion and carrot is tender but not browned. Next, add in the flour and stir until the flour is well incorporated; cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add the milk and chicken broth and return the chicken, mushrooms and bacon to the pan. Cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Keep the sauce over medium heat and add the corn and sweet peas; they will thaw in the hot sauce. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over the drained noodles and add a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Toss the sauce and noodles together until the noodles are well coated, then enjoy!