This white chocolate crepe cake has some serious ‘WOW’ factor! This decadent crepe cake is made with vanilla crepes and filled with light and delicious white chocolate mousse. The garnish on top is really what makes this cake so show-stopping: edible flowers! It’s the ultimate spring and summer cake – perfect for spring holidays and summer get-togethers!
Watch My Cake Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make a Crepe Cake
The mousse crepe cake itself is super simple and easy to make.
- Crepes: My no-fail crepe recipe yields simple and delicious crepes that work so well for this recipe. This recipe will make about 20 crepes.
- Filling: The white chocolate mousse filling requires just a bit of work but it’s worth the effort. The mousse filling is everything you’ve dreamed of and more! So silky smooth and not too sweet.
- Assembling: You can assemble this cake free-form, right on a cake stand; or, you can layer the crepes into a spring form pan. The spring form method will give you a very level and straight cake.
- Setting: Let the cake to set overnight before attempting to cut into to, allowing the layers and filling to come together.
Garnishing the Cake!
For the finishing touches, I garnished the top with loads of berries, white chocolate bar chunks and the edible flowers. The flowers are not available in every store or year-round, which makes this cake extra special. I was able to find these flowers at Safeway. They are typically sold right next to fresh herbs in the refrigerated produce section.
Enjoyed this decadent crepe cake recipe? Check out some of my other cake recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Chocolate Truffle Crepe Cake – rich and chocolatey crepe cake for the chocolate lover!
- Red Velvet Crepe Cake – red velvet crepes with whipped cream filling.
- Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake – rich chocolate crepes with raspberry filling!
- Tiramisu Crepe Cake – coffee crepes with almond whipped cream filling!
Enjoyed this cake? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
White Chocolate Crepe Cake (video)
For White Chocolate Mousse:
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar, (optional, see recipe notes below)
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- white chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- fresh berries, fruit
- mint leaves or edible flowers
- Start by preparing the mousse base. Whisk together in small bowl sugar, egg yolks and vanilla. In large saucepan, whisk together 1 cup of the whipping cream with flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes over low/medium heat, stirring constantly until hot but not boiling. Clumps will form in the cream; whisk until smooth, thick cream forms.
- Pour hot cream slowly into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Pour cream back into saucepan, continue cooking over medium/low heat, stirring constantly, until thick custard forms. Do not boil, this will cause your custard to separate. Remove from heat and add white chocolate. Whisk until completely melted. Let custard cool completely; can place bowl over ice bath to accelerate cooling.
- Finish preparing mousse when custard is completely cooled: In mixer bowl, whisk remaining 2 cups cream until peaks form. If you want a sweeter filling, add 1 cup of confectioner's sugar into the cream first, then whisk. First, add a small amount of whipped cream into custard, folding gently. Then, begin adding cooled custard into cream in small portions and fold gently, adding more custard until everything is well combined. Fold gently and slowly to ensure that whipped cream stays airy and light. Refrigerate the mousse until slightly set, about 1 hour, then use to assemble crepe cake.
- It is important to have all ingredients for the crepes at room temperature before mixing to avoid a clumpy batter. Hand whisk together eggs, milk and water. Add butter, vanilla and sugar. Sift in flour in small batches. Whisk until no clumps remain. Let batter stand for about 10 minutes to allow bubbles to dissipate.
- Preheat an 8 or 9-inch non-stick crepe pan or frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of batter at a time to the pan, tilting the batter around the pan to form the crepe. After 1 minute, turn the crepe over and cook for additional 30 seconds. Crepes are ready to be flipped once the top losses its gloss and edges turn golden brown. Stack crepes and set aside to cool completely. Split the stack into 3 or 4 piles to cool quicker.
- To assemble the crepe cake, make sure mousse sets up a little bit so it’s easier to handle. Spread a generous amount of mousse between each crepe. Spread a layer of mousse over the top and garnish with broken pieces of chocolate bar, fresh berries and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate cake overnight to set completely.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!