If you love Tiramisu and crepes, you’re going to love my Tiramisu Crepe Cake recipe! I make this cake with delicate, coffee-flavored crepes and fill it with a fluffy whipped cream frosting. Once you cut into the cake, the cake layers speak for themselves; a simple and elegant finish is all the cake needs! This cake is not too sweet but if you want extra sweetness, top it off with whipped cream or chocolate syrup!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the sweet details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe notifications? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Tiramisu has a special place in my heart, and I’m sure that’s true for many of you. It’s one of those desserts that never gets old, no matter how much you’ve had. And it’s the inspiration behind this crepe cake! It has all the elements of a classic tiramisu – coffee and cream. For the coffee flavor, I add coffee to my easy crepe recipe. The coffee-flavored crepes are so good with the creamy, cream cheese filling. For my recipe I used cream cheese but if you have mascarpone, that will be the best option!
And no tiramisu would be complete without a little bit of bitter chocolate powder on top! This crepe cake recipe doesn’t really need any fancy toppings, the layers speak for themselves. So, I went with a simple garnish of cocoa powder and a drizzle of dark chocolate syrup.
Let the Cake Set!
For best results, allow the crepe cake to set overnight in the refrigerator. Letting the cake set will allow the flavors to come together and soften the crepes. This cake is not too sweet, so if you’re looking for more sweetness, add more sugar to the whipped cream filling or to the easy crepe recipe.
Enjoyed this tiramisu dessert recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Try my ‘Tiramisu Cheesecake’ next! With amaretto and coffee flavors; it’s very fluffy and delicious!
- Classic Tiramisu Cups – individual servings of the best ever tiramisu recipe!
- Tiramisu Macarons – the best coffee and almond flavored macarons with a creamy filling!
- No-Bake Strawberry Tiramisu Cake – the most delicious, no-bake strawberry cake!
Please share and save it to Pinterest for later!
Tiramisu Crepe Cake (video)
For Coffee Crepes:
- 8 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder, for dusting
Making the Crepes:
- Prepare the coffee crepes. Place all of the ingredients needed for the crepes into a blender. If your blender is smaller, split the recipe in half and prepare twice. Blend ingredients until smooth and clump free. If you don’t have a blender, whisk all the liquid ingredients first. Then gradually sift in the flour, whisking until no clumps remain.
- Preheat a 9-inch non-stick crepe pan or frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup crepe batter into the center and tilt pan to spread the batter evenly to the edges. Once edges of crepe turn golden, use a rubber spatula to flip the crepe over. Cook about 30 seconds on second side. Stack ready crepes onto a plate. Allow them to cool before assembling cake.
Preparing the Filling:
- NOTE: These are updated instructions and prepared slightly differently from my video tutorial.
- Place the softened butter into a mixer bowl and using a flat beater attachment, beat the butter for 5 to 6 minutes, until it's fluffy and creamy. Switch over to a whisk attachment and add in the mascarpone cheese and mix again until the cheese is smooth. (If using mascarpone cheese, do not soften it; use straight from the fridge!)
- Next, add in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, salt and amaretto. Whisk again for about a minute, until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form, then add to the butter and cheese mixture. Whisk on medium speed until light and fluffy. Be careful not to over-mix! Overmixed filling will separate.
Assembling the Cake:
- Assemble the cake next. Line an 8-inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Drop a crepe into the pan first, followed by 1/4 cup filling. Spread the filling evenly to the edges, then sprinkle with cocoa powder. Continue with remaining crepes and filling. Leave the last crepe with no filling. Cover the crepe cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Once cake is set, invert the cake onto a cake platter. Remove the spring form pan, then dust the top with cocoa powder. Remove cake about 30 minutes prior to serving; otherwise, keep refrigerated.