Calling all chocoholics and chocolate lovers – this is the ultimate chocolate cake! My triple chocolate crepe cake recipe is made with decadent chocolate crepes, a two-ingredient chocolate truffle filling and topped with fluffy chocolate whipped cream. This stunning cake has a total of 40 delicate layers of crepes and truffle filling! It’s not too sweet or overwhelming and is perfect after dinner with sweet dessert wine. This is one crepe cake you must try!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Chocolate Crepes
As implied by the title, this chocolate cake is made with crepes instead of cake layers! Making crepes is just a little time consuming but it’s time well-spent! These chocolate crepes are made with special dark cocoa powder from Hershey’s. It’s a brand that I’ve used for a long time and I love the rich chocolate flavor. Here are a few of my tips for making perfect crepes every time!
- If you have the time, allow the refrigerated ingredients to warm up to room temperature. Cold milk can cause clumps of butter to form.
- Use a blender to make the batter! This is the easiest way to make the smoothest crepe batter! Just place all the ingredients into a tall blender container and pulse for a few minutes. Let the batter stand for a few minutes before using.
- Make sure your crepe pan is nice and hot! A hot pan will cook the crepes quickly and will be non-stick. A cold pan can cause the crepes to stick and cook very slowly.
- This crepe recipe makes 20 to 22 crepes when used with an 8-inch crepe pan. These crepes are great for breakfast, too! Tr them with nutella and strawberries.
The Chocolate Truffle Filling
I went with the most amazing chocolate filling to go with the chocolate crepes. This easy two-ingredient truffle filling can’t be more perfect! Just heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream until the chocolate is smooth, then refrigerate.
Once the ganache is cooled, whisk it using a mixer and a fluffy filling forms! It’s so easy to make and perfect as a filling for this cake and it can be used as a filling for many dessert recipes! You can read more about chocolate ganache here.
Enjoyed this recipe for chocolate crepe cake? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- ‘Red Velvet Crepe Cake’ – with whipped cream frosting and chocolate crepes!
- Tiramisu Crepe Cake’ – with coffee-flavored crepes and whipped cream frosting!
- Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake – delicate chocolate crepes with a fluffy raspberry filling!
- Nutella Breakfast Crepes – easy crepes filled with hazelnut spread, berries, cheese and almonds!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it and share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my Ninja food blender – it’s great for this crepe recipe and for smoothies!
Use this handheld KitchenAid mixer for smaller baking jobs that don’t require a large mixer.
This non-stick crepe pan is perfect for making crepes any time!