Colorful and delicious acai bowls are all the rage and this one doesn’t disappoint! My Tropical Acai Bowl is made with coconut milk and lots of tropical fruit like mango, papaya and pineapple! If you have fresh passionfruit available, try adding that, too! It will add so much great flavor. Enjoy this delicious smoothie bowl it in the morning for breakfast, or as a fruity and healthy after-dinner dessert!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
What’s an Acai Bowl?
These fruity smoothie bowls have gained a lot of popularity lately! An acai bowl is made with acai berries – small, purple-blueish berries grown in South America. These berries are said to have many health benefits and are also very delicious!
To make one of these bowls, simply combine together fresh or frozen acai berries with your choice of milk (I used coconut but almond, cashew or oat milk will also work great!), additional fruit and berries. Pulse the ingredients in a blender or food processor until a smooth puree forms. Combine the fruit puree with chia seeds, granola or muesli, then pour into a bowl and garnish with fresh sliced fruit and berries. This smoothie bowl is best when enjoyed right away!
Enjoyed this delicious recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Try my ‘Tropical Fruit Smoothie’ next, with loads of delicious fruit and berries!
- You’ll love these ‘Granola & Fruit Parfaits’ with raspberry sauce! Great to make ahead of time, too!
Share it on Pinterest!
Tropical Acai Bowl (video)
- 2 frozen packets Acai puree
- 1 cup chopped mango; chilled or frozen
- 1 cup chopped papaya; chilled or frozen
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 to 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup crunchy granola
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flake coconut
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups tropical fruits - mango, papaya, pineapple, etc.
- To remove the acai puree from packaging, simply run the package under hot water. Place the following in a blender: acai puree, mango, papaya, pineapple, banana and a few tablespoons of coconut milk. Add more or less coconut milk, depending on how thick you want your bowl to be. Blend together for a few minutes until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a bowl, then top with your favorite granola and chopped nuts; chia seeds and flaked coconut. Garnish the top with chopped or sliced fruit such as mango, papaya, pineapple, banana, oranges, strawberries or even blueberries. Drizzle top with honey; serve immediately.