Do you have loads of zucchini and don’t know what to do with it? Try this incredible apricot pineapple zucchini bread recipe next! This moist and delicious zucchini bread is filled with loads of chopped dried apricots, chunks of juicy pineapple, chopped pistachios and almonds! Zucchini bread is a great breakfast food to enjoy with coffee or tea, or save it for a midday snack! I like to make this bread on the weekend and then enjoy it all week long!
Watch My Zucchini Bread Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Zucchini Bread
This pineapple zucchini bread is so easy to make!
- First, prepare the zucchini. Grate it into a large bowl, then place it into the refrigerator for 10 minutes. This will allow some of the zucchini juices to run; squeeze out the juices before adding to the recipe.
- Next, prepare the simple batter with eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanilla and flour.
- Once you have the batter ready, it’s time for the fillings! Add in the zucchini – the grated zucchini add so much moisture to the recipe!
- Next, fold in the dried apricots, dried pineapple and pistachios. Save the slivered almonds for the topping!
- Fill your bread pans with the batter and gently press the nuts into the top.
- Bake loaves in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Bake muffins for 30-35 minutes. Once baked, remove bread from pan right away and set onto cooling rack to cool before cutting.
Bread Loaves or Muffins!
This bread recipe can be prepared in two regular-sized loaf pans, or you can use a muffin tin to make individual servings. If you’re making these ahead of time, say for the week, just let the bread cool down completely, then wrap it tightly with plastic and place into the refrigerator. I like to warm the bread back up in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds – it tastes just like out of the oven! You’re getting so much incredible flavor in every bite, it’s unbelievable! The dried apricots and pineapple lend a tropical twist and the nuts add crunchiness and more flavor.
Enjoyed this easy recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Zucchini Blueberry Cake – super quick and easy blueberry sheet cake with blueberry cream cheese frosting. Simply divine!!
- Almond Cherry Bread – super easy and delicious cherry bread with sliced almonds and almond glaze!
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake – the most delicious and rich chocolate cake made with zucchini!
- Lemon Blueberry Loaf – zesty and berry flavored bread loaf with lemon zest and loads of blueberries!
- Raspberry Pistachio Bread – dotted full of raspberries and pistachios, then topped with a raspberry glaze. This moist bread is amazing!!
Share it on Pinterest!
Apricot-Pineapple Zucchini Bread (video)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini, about 2 small green zucchinis
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup EACH: chopped pistachios, slivered/chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two, 9-inch loaf pans with parchment paper or butter and flour them. Can also use a muffin pan, or some combination of both. I used one loaf pan and one 12-count muffin pan.
- Grate 2 small zucchinis into a bowl and set them into the refrigerator for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, place zucchini into a cheesecloth and squeeze out all excess water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined. Next, add the melted butter and vanilla extract. Fold in grated zucchini. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add half of the flour and the apricots, pineapple and half of the nut mixture. Use a spatula to mix together the batter, then add the remaining flour.
- Divide batter into loaf pans or muffin tins. Sprinkle remaining diced nuts over the top of the bread batter. Bake loaves in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Bake muffins for 30-35 minutes. Once baked, remove bread from pan right away and set onto cooling rack to cool before cutting.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!