Weekend breakfasts are for lounging in and enjoying good food! My super fluffy strawberry pancakes are sure to make everyone’s morning. They’re easy to make, loaded with fresh strawberries and served with a two-ingredient strawberry syrup, whipped cream and maple syrup. YUM! My sister shared this recipe with me a few years ago and it’s the only one that anyone in my family uses!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the sweet details and step-by-step instructions. Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Secret to Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes
This recipe yields the most amazing, the most fluffy and delicious strawberry pancakes you’ll ever have! The secret is the buttermilk. It reacts with the baking soda and baking powder, causing the batter to rise significantly when it’s cooking. If you don’t have buttermilk, don’t fret! You can improvise with 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Just add the vinegar to the milk and let it stand for about 5 minutes. The vinegar will cause the milk to sour and voila, you have homemade buttermilk!
The Strawberry Syrup
Enjoy these delicious fruity pancakes with a simple strawberry syrup. This easy sauce is just a combination of strawberries and sugar, pureed together and until smooth. Pour the pureed strawberries into a small saucepan and let the berries simmer away until nicely thickened. You can store any leftovers in a closed container in the refrigerator for later.
Looking for more fruity breakfast recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes – the fluffiest and most delicious blueberry pancakes, prepared in a sheet pan and served with whipped cream!
- Cinnamon Buttermilk Waffles – the fluffiest and most delicious waffles with berries, cream and syrup!
- Blueberry Pancakes – fluffy buttermilk pancakes with juicy blueberries and maple syrup!
- Dutch Baby Pancake – this unique pancake is prepared in a cast-iron pan and topped with goodies!
- Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls – rolls stuffed with loads of raspberries!
- Granola Fruit Parfait – layered fruit with yogurt, granola and raspberry sauce.
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes (video)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced strawberries
For Strawberry Sauce:
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- whipped cream and maple syrup, for serving
- Prepare the strawberry sauce first. Puree the strawberries and sugar in a food processor. Pour the strawberry puree into a small saucepan. Bring the sauce to a simmer over low heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until thickened. Set aside.
- Prepare the pancake batter. Whisk together the buttermilk, egg, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own with 1 cup milk and 1/2 tablespoon vinegar. Combine the two and allow the milk to sour, about 5 minutes. Next, add the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to pancake batter and whisk until smooth. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Preheat a pancake griddle or large frying pan to medium heat. Add pancake batter to heated surface; size is up to you. Cook on the first side until bubbles break the surface in the center and around the edges. Flip the pancake over and cook on the other side for 1 minute, or until done.
- Serve pancakes immediately with strawberry sauce, maple syrup and whipped cream.