Looking for an easy to make, light and fluffy cake? Look no further! My strawberries and cream cake is the ultimate fruity and dreamy cake! This cake is made with a classic and fruity combination of fresh strawberries, fluffy cream cheese frosting and an airy sponge cake! This strawberry cake recipe is ridiculously simple, yet so delicious! Top it with a beautiful arrangement of strawberries on top for a stunning finish!
Watch My Cake Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Vanilla Sponge Cake
I start this recipe with my simple ‘Vanilla Sponge Cake’ recipe. I have an in-depth video tutorial for this recipe so make sure to check it out! This recipe can be used for just about any cake! Make sure to allow the cake layers to cool completely before slicing them or assembling the cake.
Fluffy Frosting Recipe!
I LOVE the creamy and fluffy cream cheese frosting I used for this cake! It’s incredibly light and fluffy and you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful! It’s made with cream cheese, whipped cream, sugar and vanilla. Make sure to whisk the cream cheese until it’s creamy and smooth before adding the cream and sugar. This way, the frosting will be extra smooth and clump-free! The fluffy frosting goes so well with the light sponge cake and strawberries, making this the ultimate strawberries and cream cake!
Assembling the Strawberries & Cream Cake
It’s super easy to assemble this strawberry cake! Here’s how it’s done!
- Allow the sponge cake layers to cool completely, then take a long, serrated knife and split the layers in half.
- If you want more berry flavor, try soaking the cake with strawberry syrup. Since sponge cake tends to be a dry cake, it’s a good idea to add a little bit more moisture and flavor.
- I layer the sponge cake with loads of sliced strawberries, so you get the berry flavor in every single bite. To get the strawberries to peak out the side of the cake, just layer them so they overlap the edge of the cake.
- Add a generous amount of the whipped cream frosting between each layer, and add some on top, too! If you want to keep this cake refrigerated for a few days, I recommend frosting the sides as well.
Looking for more strawberry cake recipes? Try some of my other strawberry cakes next!
- Strawberry Tiramisu Cake – this no-bake cake is perfect for any occasion!
- Strawberry Red Velvet Cheesecake – decadent and rich strawberry mousse with cheesecake.
- Strawberry Champagne Cake – champagne cake with strawberry buttercream!
- ‘Strawberry Zefir Cake’, – one of the most popular cakes on my blog!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Easy Strawberries & Cream Cake (video)
For Sponge Cake:
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F/177C. Line two, 8-inch (20-cm) round cake pans with parchment paper without greasing the sides. Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla into mixer bowl and whisk on high speed for 7 to 9 minutes, until the eggs are thick and pale, almost white in color.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Sift the flour into egg mixture in small batches, folding very gently but thoroughly after each addition until all flour is added. Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife along the edges of the pan to release it from the sides. Allow the cake layers to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then let them cool on a wire rack. Let the layers cool completely before slicing in half with a long serrated knife.
- Next, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, whisk the softened cream cheese for a few minutes until it's smooth and creamy. Add the chilled heavy cream, sugar and into mixer bowl. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Wash, pat dry and thinly slice the strawberries. To assembled cake, spread a layer of sliced strawberries over sponge cake and cover with generous amount of frosting. Repeat for remaining layers. If desired, soak the sponge cake layers with a simple syrup or strawberry syrup. Arrange more strawberries on top in a decorative pattern. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.