This show-stopping strawberry trifle is literally one of the easiest and most delicious desserts you can make. You’ll love this easy, no-bake dessert recipe – perfect for a lazy day! It’s great for gatherings, picnics and parties, too! I made this strawberry dessert in one large trifle bowl but it can also be assembled in individual serving cups. Try garnishing this dessert with drizzled chocolate or chocolate covered strawberries for an extra-fancy finish!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe below for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make an Easy Strawberry Trifle
So what makes this strawberry trifle so easy and great? It’s creamy, fruity and delicious! Let’s start with the strawberry component – a homemade strawberry sauce. It’s made with loads of strawberries, just a touch of sugar and some sherry wine to mellow out the sweetness. This strawberry sauce is then used to soak store-bought Angel food cake or Italian lady fingers. Want to make your own? I have a great recipe for Angel Food Cake.
For the creamy cheesecake-y filling, I used instant vanilla pudding, cool whip and cream cheese. I LOVE the flavor of the filling! It’s so easy to make yet incredibly delicious! It’s fluffy, creamy and goes so well with the Angel food cake and strawberry sauce! You can enjoy this no-bake dessert recipe right away or let it stand in the refrigerator overnight!
Make Your Own Pudding!
Want to make your own pudding instead of using instant pudding? Check out my recipe for ‘Vanilla Pastry Cream’! This easy pastry cream is a perfect replacement of pudding. You can also make this ahead of time. Just let the cream cool completely, then use it in this recipe!
Enjoyed this easy and delicious strawberry dessert? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Sangria Fruit Trifle – a boozy and fruity, light and fluffy trifle that’s perfect for summer!
- Strawberry Kiwi Trifle Cake – unique dome shaped cake filled with custard, whipped cream and fruit!
- Berries & Cream Tres Leches Cake – these individual dessert cups with fruit, cake and milk syrup are so delicious!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Easy Strawberry Trifle (video)
- 2 to 3 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dry sherry or sweet wine
- 5 oz Instant vanilla pudding, for 6 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 Angel Food cake, cubed
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups Additional strawberries, sliced for garnish
- Prepare the strawberry puree. Place strawberries, sugar, vanilla and sherry (optional) into a food processor or blender. Pulse into fine puree. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the cake. I used Angel Food cake but any type of plain, white cake will work. Simply cube the cake into 1x1-inch pieces.
- Prepare the filling. Use a package of instant vanilla pudding that's enough for 6 servings (check back of box for information). I used Instant Jello Vanilla Pudding in 5.1oz size package. Prepare the pudding according to package instructions.
- Once pudding is prepared, add the cream cheese and whisk the pudding and cheese together using mixer until smooth. If clumps form, keep whisking! Gently fold in the thawed Cool Whip. I placed mine into the refrigerator the night before to thaw.
- Assemble the dessert. Using tongs, drop each cake cube into the prepared strawberry puree and turn to coat well. Arrange the cake cubes on the bottom of a trifle dish or glass bowl. Add a layer of the filling, followed by a generous amount of chopped strawberries. If desired, add a ring of sliced strawberries around the edge of the bowl for garnish.
- Repeat the same layers again until the bowl is filled. Garnish top with more strawberries.
- Dessert can be served immediately or refrigerated overnight.