One of my favorite no-bake desserts! This easy mixed fruit trifle is perfect for any occasion! Made with loads of berries and fruit, all layered with a fluffy, whipped cream frosting and delicate lady fingers. It’s so easy to put together and can be served immediately. This dish will feed a crowd so it’s perfect for a picnic or large family get together!
Watch My Trifle Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and watch me put this fruit trifle together! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
This post may contain affiliate links
How to Make a Fruit Trifle
Trifles are one of the easiest desserts out there! No baking required and easy assembly! For this recipe, you can use either lady fingers (Italian cookies), sponge cake or even Angel Food Cake. The filling is a light and creamy cream cheese and whipped cream frosting. First, prepare all the fruit and berries. I recommend using fruit that doesn’t release too many juices. Here are some great options but feel free to add your favorite berries or fruits: strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, cherry, kiwi, apple, banana, papaya, dragonfruit.
Assembling the Dessert!
To assemble this easy dessert, first lightly soak the lady fingers or sponge cake in rose or dessert wine. You can use a pastry brush or simply dip the cookies into the wine briefly. Next, layer away!! Layer the lady fingers, fruit and cream into a large trifle bowl or decorative glass bowl, alternating the layers as you go. This simple trifle bowl will do perfectly, or check out this beautiful crystal bowl available online(affiliate link). Garnish the top with sliced fruit and berries and whipped cream. Enjoy the trifle right away or keep it refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Enjoyed this easy, no-bake dessert recipe? Check out some of my other easy fruit dessert recipes!
- Sangria Trifle – my newest trifle is made with Sangria wine!
- Classic Fruit Tart – the best ever fruit tart with lemon curd and whipped cream!
- Domed Fruit Trifle Cake – an upside down cake like you’ve never had before!
- Strawberry Trifle – easy berry trifle with strawberries and Angel Food Cake!
Share it on Pinterest!
Berry Fruit Trifle Recipe (video)
- 4 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 16 ounces whipped cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 cups fresh fruit (any variety):
- Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry
- bananas, pineapple, peaches, apricots
- kiwi, papaya
- 50 lady fingers, or sponge cake cut into 1x3-inch pieces
- 1 cup rose wine
- Pour the chilled whipping cream into mixer bowl and add the 1 cup sugar. Beat on high speed for 3 to 4 until stiff peaks form. Remove the whipped cream from bowl and set aside. Into the same bowl (no need to rinse), add the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Whip on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add approximately 1/2 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese and whisk again for 30 seconds, just until combined. Reserve the remaining whipped cream for the topping.
- To arrange dessert, layer the lady fingers/sponge cake alternating with fruit and the whipped cream filling in a trifle bowl. Dip lady fingers into rose wine briefly before layering into dessert.
- The fruit trifle can be enjoyed immediately, or refrigerated for up to 2 days.