The best and only recipe you need for made-from-scratch vanilla cake! My vanilla cake recipe yields a very tender and moist cake with just the right amount of sweetness and vanilla flavor! This recipe uses just 8 simple, everyday ingredients that you probably already have! Serve it simply with my ‘Vanilla Buttercream’ recipe or dress it up for just about any occasion!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe notifications? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Pan Sizing Guide
- 2 or 3, 8-inch rounds; 2, 10-inch rounds
- 13×17-inch jelly roll pan for a sheet cake; 10×10-inch square pan
- 24 count cupcake pan
- 10-inch bundt cake pan
This simple cake is perfect for adding delicious fillings, flavorings and just about any frosting! Here are a few flavor ideas that you try with this recipe:
- lemon flavor with lemon juice and lemon zest (I recommend using lemon zest from 2 lemons).
- strawberry, raspberry or blueberry flavor – just toss the berries in cornstarch and add.
- coconut flavor- add a bit of coconut extract and 1 cup flaked coconut.
- these are just a few ideas – the possibilities are endless!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please save and share it to Pinterest for later!
Pair this cake recipe with my super easy ‘Vanilla Buttercream’!
Or, try it with my ‘French Buttercream’ recipe – a different kind of cake frosting that you never knew you loved!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my handy, handheld KitchenAid mixer for when I don’t need my larger stand mixer.
This set of nesting glass mixing bowls are great for food prep.
These 8-inch aluminum cake pans are my favorite for baking cake layers.
And these pre-cut parchment paper rounds are a huge time saver.