Tres Leches cake is a very popular Mexican cake made with three different types of milk. My Tres Leches cake parfaits are made with simple vanilla cake soaked with three types of milk: regular milk, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk. The cake pieces are topped with fluffy whipped cream and berries. Every bite of this parfait recipe simply melts in your mouth – the cake is very tender and soaked with syrup. Combine that with the whipped cream and fruit and you have a crowd-pleasing dessert that’s perfect for any event, barbecue or party!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How To Make Tres Leches Cake
These easy cake parfait cups are so easy to make! I used my basic vanilla cake for this recipe. The vanilla cake can be prepared ahead of time, even a few days. Just make sure to cover the cake with plastic so it doesn’t dry out. If you are short on time and don’t have time to bake a vanilla cake, run to your local grocery store and pick up some angel food cake and use that instead. Cut the cake into small cubes – smaller pieces are easier to soak with the tres leches. Get the recipe for my ‘Basic Vanilla Cake’.
Perfect Party Food
This cake parfait recipe is perfect for any get-together, especially if it’s outside and if there are kids! If you’re serving these at a party, I recommend assembling the dessert in clear, plastic cups with clear plastic spoons for easy cleanup! This dessert can also be made ahead of time – just make sure to keep them refrigerated if not serving right away! And try this tres leches parfait with different berries and fruit such as raspberries, peaches, plums, kiwi or even pineapple!
Looking for more delicious desserts? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Berry Tres Leches Cake – the ultimate tres leches cake with loads of berries and mascarpone whipped cream frosting!
- Berries & Cream Paris Brest – iconic French dessert pastry ring stuffed with cream and berries!
- Coffee Tres Leches Cake – the most delicious tres leches with coffee cake layers and coffee frosting!
- Granola & Fruit Parfait Cups – so pretty and delicious, these fruit cups have yogurt, raspberry sauce, granola and fruit!
- Classic Tiramisu Cups – individual servings of the best ever tiramisu recipe!
- Fruit Mille Feuille – easy dessert for any occasion! Buttery, flaky puff pastry topped with mascarpone cream, raspberry sauce, and loads of fruit!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save and share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- Get these clear, plastic cups for your next party – easy cleanup!
- I love to use these disposable pastry bags for baking – no washing afterwards!
- I love my handheld KitchenAid mixer – small and gets the job done when you don’t need your big mixer!
- And these aluminum half-sheet baking sheets are perfect for this recipe.
Berries & Cream Tres Leches Cake Parfait Cups (video)
- 1 recipe ‘Basic Vanilla Cake’
- 1 store-bought Angel food cake
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 6 to 7 cups of berries and chopped fruit
- For a truly no-bake dessert, use a store-bought Angel food cake. Remove the cake from packaging and cut the cake into bite-sized squares.
- Alternatively: Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare one recipe of my 'Basic Vanilla Cake' recipe; linked in the post above and in the menu under 'Back to Cake Basics'. Prepare a 13×18-inch sheet pan – line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the sides with baking spray. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 25 to 27 minutes, until golden brown on top. Remove the cake from the oven, cool completely, then cut into small squares. The cake can be made ahead of time; just keep it covered to prevent drying.
- For the tres leches soaking mixture, simply combine the whole milk, evaporated milk and condensed milk in one large bowl or measuring cup. Whisk until the mixture is uniform.
- For the whipped cream, combine the cream, vanilla and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Whisk on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until stiff peaks form. For faster assembly of the dessert, transfer the whipped cream into a large pastry bag tipped with a star tip.
- To assemble the dessert, first add a few cake pieces into each cup, then soak the cake generously with the tres leches mixture. Add a few dollops of cream, a few berries and fruit pieces, then repeat this process again until the parfait cup is full. Keep the parfaits refrigerated if not serving with an hour.