Love cinnamon rolls and French macarons? My Cinnamon Roll Macarons combine the best of both worlds into one irresistible French cookie! These cinnamon-flavored macaron shells are filled with a salted cream cheese filling and there’s a surprise caramel center. Sprinkle the shells with additional cinnamon for even more cinnamon flavor! You’ll go head-over-heels for this fun and unique macaron recipe!
Watch My Video!
Watch my YouTube video for all the sweet details. Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Best Macarons!
You can also try adding a drizzle of home-made caramel sauce over the top when you’re serving these to make them look more festive! These little treats are perfect in the morning with a cup of coffee; plus, they taste like breakfast, too, so it’s an added bonus! My inspiration behind this cookie recipe is my famous ‘Cinnamon Rolls Recipe’ – simply the best cinnamon rolls ever!
Tips for Macaron Success!
Many bakers dread making French macarons because these little cookies can be a little finicky, but set that fear aside! I’ll walk you through the steps with my precise instructions and video tutorial so you can make these cinnamon roll macarons at home. And don’t get disappointed if your first attempt doesn’t work well. My first three attempts at making macarons failed horribly! But practice makes perfect! Here are a few crucial tips for making these French cookies:
- Whisk the egg whites just until they reach stiff peak stage. Under mixing will result in a flat batter; over mixing can cause the cookies to spread while baking.
- Fold the batter thoroughly, flattening the egg whites against the side of your mixing bowl. BUT, be careful – you don’t want to over mix the batter! That will also cause your cookies to be just flat, shapeless disks.
- Allow those macarons to REST before baking! Let the cookies stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing a thin shell to form on the outside. This shell gives the cookies their shape so it’s crucial! If your macarons are cracking on top, you might need to let the cookies rest longer. If you live in a humid climate, extend the timing even more as humidity and moisture will prevent a shell from forming.
- I recommend keeping these refrigerated for at least two days to allow the macarons to ‘mature’. When they ‘mature’, the shells become softer and even more delicious! Take them out at least an hour before enjoying to allow the cookies to thaw and come up to room temperature.
Looking for more French macaron recipes? I have so many incredible and unique flavor combinations!
- Cinnamon Roll Cake – epic cinnamon cake inspired by my favorite breakfast! With cinnamon cake layers, dulce de leche and cream cheese frosting!
- Caramel Coffee Macarons – my personal favorite, with coffee cookies filled with salted caramel frosting!
- Try my ‘Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons’ next, with graham cracker crumbs and blueberry filling!
- And if you love caramel, you’re going to love these ‘Almond Roca Macarons’ made with the popular candy!
- Tiramisu Macarons – almond and coffee flavored macarons with a creamy filling!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes a simple round tip and star tips for filling.
Get a set of disposable pastry bags – no more washing any bags!
You can use parchment paper or these silicone mats for baking.
I love my classic KitchenAid stand mixer – a must for every kitchen!
And this kitchen scale is a must for making perfect macarons!