My newest obsession and new favorite macarons – these almond roca macarons are simply divine! For this recipe, I combined a classic French macaron recipe with crushed toffee candy, chocolate, chocolate ganache and salted caramel frosting. If you love Almond Roca candy, you’re going to flip for these amazing caramel macarons!
I got the idea to make this flavor after my epic ‘Almond Roca Cake‘. If you haven’t seen that video recipe or tried the recipe, I’ll have it down below for you to check it out! These candies are one of my husband’s favorite and that says a lot since he has no sweet tooth at all! He loves the crunchy texture of the toffee, nuts and chocolate combined together. I wanted to capture those flavors and textures for this caramel macaron recipe.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions!And make sure you’re subscribed to my channel to get new recipe updates whenever I post a new recipe! Click HERE to subscribe!
From the very first bite of these almond roca macarons, you’ll get loads of flavor! I use my ‘Salted Caramel Frosting’ as a filling, which pairs so perfectly with the crushed candy pieces and smooth chocolate ganache surprise center. To make them extraordinary, try spraying the shells with gold color mist (I used Wilton from Michael’s); the gold color looks just like the candy wrapping! And, drizzle some melted chocolate over the top. It’s pure confectionary perfection!
Get the recipe for my salted caramel frosting here! You’ll need to make a small batch of this recipe, either half or even a 1/4, using 1/2 cup butter.
Tips for Macaron Success!
Many bakers dread making French macarons because these little cookies can be a little finicky, but set that fear aside! I’ll walk you through the steps with my precise instructions and video tutorial so you can make these at home. And don’t get disappointed if your first attempt doesn’t work well. My first three attempts at making macarons failed horribly! But practice makes perfect! Here are a few crucial tips for making these cookies:
- Whisk the egg whites just until they reach stiff peak stage. Under mixing will result in a flat batter; over mixing can cause the cookies to spread while baking.
- Fold the batter thoroughly, flattening the egg whites against the side of your mixing bowl. BUT, be careful – you don’t want to over mix the batter! That will also cause your cookies to be just flat, shapeless disks.
- Allow those cookies to REST! Let the cookies stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing a thin shell to form on the outside. This shell gives the cookies their shape so it’s crucial! If your macarons are cracking on top, you might need to let the cookies rest longer. If you live in a humid climate, extend the timing even more as humidity and moisture will prevent a shell from forming.
Enjoyed this caramel macaron recipe? Check out some of my other recipes!
- Ferrero Rocher Macarons – chocolate cookies with hazelnut filling!
- Coffee Caramel Macarons – my all-time favorite recipe!!
- Tiramisu Macarons – coffee and amaretto flavored cookies with creamy filling!
If you love all things caramel, chocolate and almond roca, try this epic cake creation next! https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/almond-roca-cake/
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share it to Pinterest with this handy pinboard!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes a simple round tip and star tips for filling.
Get a set of disposable pastry bags – no more washing any bags!
You can use parchment paper or these silicone mats for baking.
I love my classic KitchenAid stand mixer – a must for every kitchen!
And this kitchen scale is a must for making perfect macarons!